WEX Deal: Save 500 on the Sony A7R Mark II

Nikon D200...Autofocus Problem

Maddie 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
8 Jul 2006 9:20PM
Hi i have a problem... i used my camera yesterday everything worked fine.

Today it will not autofocus and the camera is buzzing when i press shutter release and will not focus, i have tried a couple of different lenses and checked any obvious causes to no avail.

Has anyone experienced this or can anyone offer some help, or does it sound like a motor problem.

Constructive suggestions would be helpful, thanks maddie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

UserRemoved 16 6.2k 1
8 Jul 2006 9:30PM
Don't know how constructive, but if you changed lenses and problem was same, suggests it's camera, not motors. Would suggest you try a camera reset. Failing that, remove battery (probably overnight) and try again.
8 Jul 2006 10:00PM
Thank you, i have removed the battery for the night, and will reset tomorrow.
deanl 14 313
8 Jul 2006 10:25PM
Had exactly the same prob with my Canon 30D this morning. It would appear I had changed some custom setting, so just used the clear all settings button and all was fine!
9 Jul 2006 10:53AM
hi there, i have done the suggetions above and changed lenses again, still the same problem occuring, looks like its had it already!!
UserRemoved 16 6.2k 1
9 Jul 2006 11:08AM
Noooo! Nothing for it but the lump hammer treatment then! :o)

Sounds as if it could be a physical fault with the autofocus system (the buzzing as it attempts to focus). Did it just start (i.e. no specific thing happened) and has it ever gone away (or once started, remained)?
9 Jul 2006 11:15AM
hi Mark i tried three lenses over and over again after leaving out the battery and resetting with the same problem happening each time, i have tried it one more time and now its working!!!! going to check again now just to see im not imagining it, how strange, thanks for your help... watch this space lol
UserRemoved 16 6.2k 1
9 Jul 2006 11:17AM
Watching.......... and fingers X'd!
9 Jul 2006 11:32AM
lol, well tried again changed the lense aswell and is still working! I can do without these little testers right now, but hopefully it was just playing me up! fingers crossed its going to be a good camera now! cheers.
UserRemoved 16 6.2k 1
9 Jul 2006 11:34AM
It'll never make the grade to "good camera" in my eyes, Maddie! LOL!

But I will hope it now behaves itself! :o)
9 Jul 2006 12:43PM
lol we wont go there!

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.