graceland 16 2.5k 2 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2012 4:54PM
Thinking of changeing up to a new camera
been looking at this camera anyone got one pros and cons

NIKON D3100
DIGITAL SLR WITH 18-55MM VR LENS
ShaunsPics 10 87 United Kingdom
5 Jul 2012 8:53PM
had mine a couple of months its as good as anything out there its what you whant to pay for as most dslrs are overpriced anyway in my book. as for the camera i've no complaints it was the best selling camera of last year and rightly so. it does a good job of taking good pictures.
LenShepherd 13 4.4k United Kingdom
6 Jul 2012 7:57AM
A lot depends on budget - and what you want out of a camera and lens.
Your choice is a very good package for a relatively affordable price - around 360 http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod1585.html
One issue with digital in 2012 is some very significant product improvements are coming to market - though not discounted much (or at all) when first launched.
The D3200 recently launched has a significantly better specification - but currently at around 470 costs 33% more. The 18-105 lens is also more versatile and better built - but costs more.
For value for money your choice is hard to beat.
If your aim is to get more serious about photographer and you are prepared to spend more money there are several other options.
Samsmom 9 1 United States
7 Jul 2012 6:41PM
I am considering a Nikon D3100 but also like what I read about the D5100, especially the in-camera HDR. Would love any comments regarding each from users. I do some semi-professional work, but mostly for friends, ect and for my own use...HELP!!!
nexus7 11 12 Australia
10 Jul 2012 4:28AM
I have the D60 with the 18-55 VR lens.
The lens is very good indeed.
The camera is great, and takes superb images, but ...
The D60 (and I believe the 3100) do not have bracketing.
My other issue on the D60 is that, when set to manual, the exposure adjustment requires you to hold down a button, turn the scroll and hold the camera - all with one hand.
And the sensor for the remote is on the front of the camera - great for taking pictures of yourself, but nothing else.
Check these things out if they matter to you.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.