Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

nikon d40 sell

DannoM 12 58 England
5 Nov 2009 9:30AM
After selling my much loved nikon d40 on a well known auction site ive had the buyer come back to me moaning. He says hes disappointed 'because of the shutter noise as it moves to its next frame'. Whats he on about? That camera was in perfect working order when i sent it. Help
richard00 14 504 1
5 Nov 2009 9:36AM
sounds like he's never had an digital slr (compact user) and the shutter "click" is noisy compared to a compact - slrs are quite noisy if you're not used to it
justin c 17 5.1k 36 England
5 Nov 2009 9:40AM
Perhaps you could suggest he users an i-pod at the same time, so the music drowns out any camera noise Smile
DannoM 12 58 England
5 Nov 2009 9:48AM
lol, he reckons it needs a 40 quid repair. Me thinks hes trying it on
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
5 Nov 2009 10:11AM
So long as the item was listed correctly i.e. fully and accurately described then it's a simple case of 'Caveat Emptor'. ('Buyer Beware').
DannoM 12 58 England
5 Nov 2009 10:14AM
was described perfect, didnt want to sell it if im honest.
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
5 Nov 2009 10:31AM
Sounds like you have sold to a right pain in the butt.

As Mike says, If your description of the item is accurate, You have no worries, Other than the possible feedback issues, Like having to wait for Paypal money until positive feedback is left, Or a set amount of time.

Personally I'd be very wary, In that your buyer, May have damaged the camera, Or may be in possesion of a damaged D40 that they will return in place of the one you sold.

Its best to prepare for any options, So do you have a record of the cameras " Serial " number..?

Next ask the buyer to provide " By Post " a duplicate of the estimate for repair, Detailing what the repairs involve.

The repair estimate should be from a well known Nikon appointed repair company, Or better still from Nikon themselves.

Either way, I would do nothing until you have proof positive, That such an estimate exists, Who its from, What is involved etc etc.

Oh! and I would like to see the cameras serial on any estimates provided.

All in all it sounds like a scam, Or a numpty, Probably both....Wink

How you deal then is up to you, I take the stance that when I sell a perfectly good item, Properly described etc, It stays sold.

EDIT: One more thing, Don't feel threatened by potential or threats of bad feedback, Personally I don't give a stuff about feedback....Smile
DannoM 12 58 England
5 Nov 2009 10:47AM
thanks for detailed reply. Ive replied to him saying the camera was in perfect working order when i sold it. 30 quid would only just get you a sensor clean so hes having a laugh. All dslr shutters make a shutter noise. I didnt get the serial number huge mistake there. I think its a scam myself.
bangalicious 13 1.3k 5 England
5 Nov 2009 1:45PM
Did you register the camera when you brought it? You should be able to pull the serial number from the Nikon website if you did...?

Anil.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.