Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

nikon d70 memory card type???

love_photo 11 8 United Kingdom
2 Apr 2013 10:16PM
i dont post here often but you all offer great advice when i do Grin

so my question today
i have a nikon d70 and am about to order a new CS memory card but i felt it may be helpful to know what type i need eg: type l or type ll and i believed i needed a type ll until i heard somewhere on the big interweb i can use either type??? so any help is greatly appreciated and considering my local jessops has just gone bust i can't go in and try memory cards Sad so what type do i need or does it not matter
Cheers Ed
scottishphototours 17 2.6k 2
2 Apr 2013 10:47PM
What age are you and where are you based? - I've about 10 2Mb CF cards sitting on a shelf beside me here and you're welcome to some of them if that'll help you develop your photography...

PM me your name and address and I'll post out.

Andy
2 Apr 2013 10:52PM
thanks very much for the offer but im looking for much bigger storage as i find my 2gb cf card a bit small and i need them for an up coming wedding Tongue sorry but thanks for the offer Wink
Cheers Ed
BEVZED 14 1.1k United Kingdom
2 Apr 2013 11:24PM
from an old bookmark on my laptop - CompactFlash (CF) Card (Type I and II ) and Microdrive, I had trouble with some of the larger cards, 4gb struggled at times because the buffer couldn't keep up if I remember rightly. Somewhere on here or here I'd found some info a while back for mine
janeez Plus
13 1.8k 8 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2013 12:15AM

Quote: I've about 10 2Mb CF cards sitting on a shelf beside me here and you're welcome to some of them if that'll help you develop your photography...

I would strongly suggest you don't look a gift horse in the mouth. This is a very kind and generous offer 10x2gb (20gb in total!). This would be plenty for your needs using a D70.
studioline 11 72 4 United Kingdom
3 Apr 2013 10:12AM
I would take the 10 / 2gb cards too. They will work well with a D70. I used to use 2GB with a D70 with no problems and also it means that the images are well spread over a series of cards. 20GB is more than enough for a wedding.
scottishphototours 17 2.6k 2
3 Apr 2013 11:20AM
Too late...offer closed.

As a 15 year old I would have been very pleased to have been offered such a gift, but times change...
3 Apr 2013 11:28AM
sorry i read the 2mb and thought didnt realise that was a mistake ( i was much to tired!) i shall send a pm but that would be very generous! and i agree that it is always best to spread it over several smaller cards so any loss is minimised Grin
Cheers Ed
LenShepherd 13 4.4k United Kingdom
4 Apr 2013 4:13PM
7 Apr 2013 5:30PM
PM sent Grin
Cheers Ed

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.