GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Nikon d750 problem

djh698 15 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2019 8:41PM
16262_1553200689.jpg

Does anyone know what the problem could be here. The arc in the picture appears whatever lens I use and seems to occur more when I take a picture with blue sky. Is this something that I can fix or should it be taken in for repair? I have also just started to get a narrow light streak at the top of photos as well

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

21 Mar 2019 10:49PM
It could possibly be light leakage. Has the camera ever been dropped or knocked? Check that there is nothing stuck between the lens mount and sensor. You could also try giving the camera / sensor a general clean. Also, check the viewfinder and mirror assembly to see if there is anything loose there.
sausage Plus
15 605 United Kingdom
22 Mar 2019 9:21AM
Looks to me that that could be a hair on the sensor. Have you looked?
22 Mar 2019 11:42AM
Yes but it is not that-I thought the same to start with
27 Mar 2019 9:22PM
Strange one....especially if it happens on whatever lens you use..the fact that itís curved looks like a lens issue....if it was a camera sensor problem, Iíd expect a straight line, or solid band.. etc..

As suggested above, could it be a light-leakage issue..? the cameraís physical flange/lens mount integrity/flatness..?

Sorry, no help I guess...Sad
LenShepherd 11 4.0k United Kingdom
28 Mar 2019 6:46PM
My best guess is a problem with one of the shutter blades being damages and letting extra light light through where the damage has occurred.
Although the shutter blades travel vertically there is a little curvature induced by the mechanism.
If I am right part of the sensor is receiving what is in effect a second exposure.
If you register an account with Nikon UK (free) you can send an image and ask what they think the problem is.
28 Mar 2019 7:43PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. The camera is now with Nikon and I am awaiting their thoughts and estimate
29 Apr 2019 4:59PM
Hey! Did you ever get this figured, Iím having the same exact problem in the same exact location. Doesnít matter lens! Would love to know what Nikon said?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.