Save 50% on inPixio Photo Studio Pro

Nikon D80 INFO screen/button

DannoM 12 58 England
14 Oct 2009 7:33PM
So I'm playing with me new D80 and I'm trying to pull up the INFO screen on the LCD like on my D40 .
I can't seem to figure it out. I can preview my pictures but I can't see the settings on the screen and make any adjustments from there...
I'm able to see my settings on top by the shutter release but I want to be able to look at the back lcd panel also.
How do I get that to come on...

Or is not possible with the D80??

thanks

it didnt come with any instructions
csurry 19 9.2k 92
14 Oct 2009 7:35PM
Hidden in the menu options. You have to tell the camera what you want to see if it is anything like the D200/D300 or D3 that is.

Check the manual on reviewing images and it should point to the appropriate menu option. Don't have a camera in front of me, so can't give you any better clue.

Could be worth searching the forums as I am sure this was asked before.
csurry 19 9.2k 92
14 Oct 2009 7:48PM
If you sign up to Nikon.co.uk then you can access an online copy of the menu.
DrT01 15 71 Wales
14 Oct 2009 8:00PM
When you have an image on the screen, press the up and down buttons on the D-pad-this should cycle the info screen through basic, full, highlight and histograms. Works on mine.
If you want a copy of the D80 manual, pm me and I'll copy mine for you (yes I know you're not supposed to but who cares!)

Dave
DannoM 12 58 England
14 Oct 2009 8:00PM
excellent thankyou dave, that now works. Can you also get it to display aperature s/s etc like the top lcd does when taking a shot? Liked this feature of the d40. many thanks
DrT01 15 71 Wales
15 Oct 2009 8:08AM
Doesn't appear so. The manual shows that it only displays info about the shot you are reviewing-cycles through basic, shooting data page 1, shooting data page 2, image data, highlights, histograms.
if you want the manual let me know.

Dave
15 Oct 2009 9:26AM

Quote:Excellent thankyou dave, that now works. Can you also get it to display aperature s/s etc like the top lcd does when taking a shot? Liked this feature of the d40. many thanks

I've just looked through the menus on mine and can see no way of doing this, although I've always been happy to use the info in the viewfinder.

As an aside you can also change the view when reviewing images by turning the wheel under the shutter.

Olly

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.