Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Nikon or Canon?

pablophotographer 9 1.9k 405
4 May 2021 3:38AM
Or you can search the web looking for "Which DSLR System Held Its Value Better, Canon or Nikon?"
thewilliam2 4 1.5k United Kingdom
4 May 2021 10:33AM
Doesn't it come down to which we prefer to use? One marque will seem to fit our hands better and be generally nicer to use. That has always been my most important criterion when choosing from similarly performing brands.
LenShepherd 13 4.3k United Kingdom
4 May 2021 11:22AM

Quote:Doesn't it come down to which we prefer to use? One marque will seem to fit our hands better and be generally nicer to use. That has always been my most important criterion when choosing from similarly performing brands.

Unless you are near a Wex store, the distance to a shop stocking both systems is often considerable.

The days of most towns having a decent camera shop where you could handle cameras side by side has passed.
Dave_Canon 14 2.0k United Kingdom
4 May 2021 11:46AM

Quote:Doesn't it come down to which we prefer to use? One marque will seem to fit our hands better and be generally nicer to use. That has always been my most important criterion when choosing from similarly performing brands.

It may for some but I have specific requirements that are more critical for me. The last camera I purchased from Wex (Sony A6600), I had never held it at all. Yes I would prefer to hold my Canon DSLR but it is too heavy to carry far. A smaller camera is lighter which was a key criterion for me. I also needed Image Quality and focussing performance as well so weight was not the only factor. Yes the Sony feels less comfortable but I will get used to it.

Dave
thewilliam2 4 1.5k United Kingdom
4 May 2021 1:27PM

Quote:

Unless you are near a Wex store, the distance to a shop stocking both systems is often considerable.

The days of most towns having a decent camera shop where you could handle cameras side by side has passed.

I adopt a new marque or change an existing marque so rarely that it's worth a trip to London so I can handle the shortlisted cameras. I was using V series Hasselblads for something over 40 years.
clicknimagine Plus
11 808 104 India
4 May 2021 5:08PM
I am a Canon user and I love it, as I am an occasional wildlife photographer or a bird photographer...

I can see many photographer (wildlife or bird) using Nikon with 200-500 f 5.6 lens producing great images...

So if you are inclined to take wildlife or bird images, then Nikon will be a better choice than Canon, because Nikon 200-500 f5.6 is a cheaper lens than Canon 100-400 f 5.6 L producing almost same quality images with an extra 100mm to reach into the genre of bird photography as well...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.