Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

nikon shutters

robertt Plus
11 118 United Kingdom
15 Jul 2017 3:35PM
Nikon .co.uk site says my d750 serial number has a faulty shutter, I have sent it off today. Doe`s anybody know how long it usually takes to be returned.
Thanks in advance. Robertt

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Carabosse 14 41.0k 269 England
16 Jul 2017 2:17AM
As I recall, according to some Nikon users on here, it could be quite a long time - even months before you get the camera back after sending it in for repair.

Hopefully as it is a recognised fault it might not be that long. Perhaps ask Nikon UK........extract from website below:

9207_1500167835.jpg

StrayCat Plus
13 18.9k 3 Canada
16 Jul 2017 6:30AM
I sent a Nikon dslr in for a shutter replacement, and I waited 8 weeks, then I put a scathing post on here, and forwarded it to Nikon. I got it the next day.
robertt Plus
11 118 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 1:40PM
It`s gone to an address in Surrey, they will not have received it yet. When you both got them back were they working with no problems. I have just seen somebody on U-tube saying not to send them as they are made with precise machinery but at repair it will be a man with a screwdriver more or less..
Thanks for your replies, robertt.
User_Removed 2 1.0k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 5:56PM
How long is a piece of string, how busy are they at this time of year

Phone them and ask
LenShepherd 9 3.5k United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 9:35PM
My D750 issue (not the shutter) took 4 days door to door.
It is too late now but as the shutter issue only shows in rare unusual shooting conditions, for most timing is not critical, with the option of waiting until you do not want to use the camera much.
IMPORTANT - again too late and assuming you bought from a UK based retailer under the Consumer Protection Act 2015 you are entitled to ask the RETAILER to handle the warranty and not to be inconvenienced - which would usually mean a free loan of a second hand FF camera
Martin54 Plus
11 542 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2017 10:11PM
I think mine took 2 weeks when it went in on the original recall for the shutter. Worked fine after the repair.
robertt Plus
11 118 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2017 6:39PM
I never thought about taking it back to shop, with Nikon sending the postage sticker. Martin54 did you send it to an address in surrey.
17 Jul 2017 9:15PM

Quote: I never thought about taking it back to shop, with Nikon sending the postage sticker. Martin54 did you send it to an address in surrey.

The advantage of a shop is the legal right to no undue inconvenience - which usually involves a loan body.
Martin54 Plus
11 542 United Kingdom
17 Jul 2017 10:05PM

Quote: I never thought about taking it back to shop, with Nikon sending the postage sticker. Martin54 did you send it to an address in surrey.

Hi, yes, Nikon UK, Kingston Upon Thames
18 Jul 2017 7:44AM

Quote: Martin54 did you send it to an address in surrey.

In the background if you register your equipment with Nikon you get an email if there is a recall or a software update.
For a recall Nikon check your product number (online) and provide a printable postage label for first class Royal Mailtgo N ikon UK which you print out and attach to the package.
robertt Plus
11 118 United Kingdom
26 Jul 2017 4:05PM
Nikon received my d750 last Thursday the 20th. They have emailed me it is ready for dispatch, so it only took 4 days not counting the weekend. Very good.

robertt

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.