Save 10% On Used Camera Equipment & Lenses From CameraWorld! Use ePHOTO at checkout.

No Greens on PS7 Saturate command.

martinl 15 269 2 United Kingdom
21 Mar 2006 4:11AM
Anyone come across this before, and if so any clues.

When I am editing in layers, and add a Hue/Saturation layer, in the drop down menu to select individaul colours to saturate/desaturate etc, I cannot get the green channel to operate. This problem does not affect any of the other colours or even the "master" option.

At present, the only way I can enhance greens is to use "master" and then back off all the other colours individually.

I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling without success.

Any help any one?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

AnthonyM 14 428 2 United States
21 Mar 2006 6:44AM
Had a somewhat similar problem in CS2. I could paint only in gray. If I painted into a single color channel, the result was only blue (even if I painted into RED or Green)! OK very odd! but it sounds similar.

A uninstall/reinstall fixed that, but one thing you might also want to try is to remove your user settings. Adobe will likely suggest this before re-installing.

On Windows, you should have an Adobe folder under, C:\documents and settings\\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\7.0\Adobe PhotoShop Settings
Or something similar should exist. I would just RENAME the whole "Adobe" folder (do not delete it!) just to get anything that might affect your installation, although only the settings folder "should" be necessary.
When you re-run PS7, it should re-create this folder with all defaults. If that fixes it, you can then try copying in the old folders and the individual files from the settings folder one by one to find what breaks. (or just be happy that it is working as-is and manually change your settings back to your liking.)

If not, you can always delete the new Adobe folder and rename the old one back in place and not be any worse than you are now. Then I would have to say you may need to contact Adobe for help.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.