Save 60% On inPixio Eclipse HDR Pro

No Vapour Trails or Noise.

lawbert 14 1.8k 15 England
16 Apr 2010 6:37PM
Before it gets dark wherever you live have a look out the window up to the sky and theres not a single vapour trail from an aircraft in sight.

Its Really Quiet to...Wherever we live theres aircraft noise all the time.

Its bloo*y nice to see the sky in its natural state.

Keep spewing your guts out Icelandic Volcano I say.
Scutter Plus
13 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2010 6:40PM
I agree........................................until I want to fly away on holiday in July when I want everything to be working perfectlySmile (at least on the outbound leg)TongueSmileWink
Jalapeno 10 127 2 Iceland
16 Apr 2010 6:42PM
Smile

Sometimes peace and quiet is a wonderful thing...so enjoy while the winds are blowing the "right" way I guess! Soon enough things will be back to how it was......thats too bad!

From where I am in Iceland, I am not noticing a single thing and I am but a 1.5 hourish drive away!
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
16 Apr 2010 7:09PM
I agree too Ben.

We're 8 miles west and very slightly south of Heathrow's runway centre-lines... and it's eerie. Reading is the center of the western 'Stack' and the marker for turning off base leg and onto 'Finals' for Heathrow.

Ahhhh.....

Peace and quiet....

Wink
User_Removed 11 1.4k England
16 Apr 2010 7:13PM
Interestingly enough, lens and camera prices have risen slightly because noone can get the imports in.
Grin
Scutter Plus
13 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2010 7:16PM

Quote:Interestingly enough, lens and camera prices have risen slightly because noone can get the imports in.
Grin

LOL .....................now that really is a good excuse to fleece you of a bit more! The nerve! The sheer brilliance!Wink
tavm 14 31 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2010 7:52PM
I am near Southampton airport and the difference is great in both noise and sky. I know it's really bad for lots of people in lots of ways. I have been out for the day and really noticed the clear skys. It is the clearest night for a long time without the vapour trails.
I was having a think during the day.. aside from exhaust and fuel use by aircraft..... do the vapour trails (which expand considerably in the sky) add to any kind of artificial warming/ cooling.
I know as a part time astronomer they are a pain. I might get the scope out.... How thick is that ash? Smile .
User_Removed 13 2.2k 3 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2010 8:20PM
We're on the approach to Manchester airport and the sky is usually full of vapour trails. We've just got back from a beautiful evening stroll under crystal clear skies. Fab.
Scutter Plus
13 1.7k 6 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2010 8:33PM
Blimey, do you think this will be a collectors item???TongueWinkWink

I think not!Grin
16 Apr 2010 8:51PM
I reckon it will be an 8 lane motorway come tmw....Then it might be!!WinkTongueSad
jonah794 11 1.7k 11 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2010 9:05PM
It's not so great for people who are stuck away from home!!! Think of us Smile
16 Apr 2010 9:12PM

Quote:It's not so great for people who are stuck away from home!!! Think of us Smile

Thinking thinking............Forgotten!!

Only Joking Jonah....But the sky is a damn sight better without you and the other aviators!!
Jalapeno 10 127 2 Iceland
16 Apr 2010 9:26PM
Here is the smoke causing all the trouble: Volcano
Graflex 17 488 United Kingdom
16 Apr 2010 9:58PM
Living at Heathrow-peace.
But the one thing that's missing,besides the aircraft taking off,is,they are not running them in on the runway which is a constant din.
All parked up like toy planes.
And the underground trains are running slack into the airport.No cases to fall over.
EmzLou1980 12 279 Scotland
18 Apr 2010 6:19PM
Love it! Nature vs Man Made (was actually a title of one of my photos)
back on the point, I know its not good for all those folk stuck, but it is quite ironic that against mans best efforts nature still prevails Grin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.