Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Ticket discount with EZPTPS18 for The Photography Show 2018

Noktor 12mm Hyperprime or Olympus 12mm

Sooty_1 Plus
7 1.5k 221 United Kingdom
16 Jul 2012 9:10AM
I'd probably stick with the Olympus.

As an aside, calling it a 'Noktor' is suggesting its a Voigtlander, ie a manufacturer with history, but it's made by SLRMagic, a company I have no knowledge of. In the same way there was a raft of 'point and shoot' cameras dressed up as SLRs with names like 'Olympia' or 'Nippon' a few years ago.

Nick

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan Plus
16 19.0k 6 England
16 Jul 2012 2:20PM

Quote:As an aside, calling it a 'Noktor' is suggesting its a Voigtlander

The new voigtlander lenses are made by Cosina, does it really matter who makes the noktor Smile

I like the two lenses equally and I still can`t make up my mind what body to get.

Now I`m finding myself drawn to putting the 12mm on hold and picking up an x100 instead for now, the second camera would probably see more use than a dedicated 12mm Smile
17 Jul 2012 2:22PM
I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price. They must have upped their game since as they now make Tokina as well!
Paul Morgan Plus
16 19.0k 6 England
17 Jul 2012 3:45PM

Quote:I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price

They also made a load of the legendary Vivitar Series one units, and also lenses for major players.
Carabosse Plus
14 41.0k 269 England
17 Jul 2012 9:23PM

Quote:I seem to remember Cosina were at the budget end of the 35-mm lens makers with only average performances for the price.

In my youth that was certainly the case. They were on par with Chinon - Dixons own brand.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.