Exclusive Offer - 20% Off Mitsubishi CP-M15E Printer Bundle!

Norfolk Broads Meet 7th 8th & 9th December

Chris_H 17 1.5k 1
12 Nov 2007 10:08PM
Myself, Geoff Simpson, Steve Butler, Mike Fewkes, katieB, MelanieM, & Phil Morgan will be meeting for a Norfolk broads meet on a Norfolk Broads holiday cruiser.
We will be concentrating on photographing Windmills / Drainage Mills and some of the wildlife of the Norfolk Broads at a time when the Broads are at their best with less river traffic and good colours in the reeds.

The meet is on the 7th, 8th & 9th December and includes accommodation on one of the largest broads cruisers which sleeps between 8 -12 people and has three showers and toilets on board.
The trip is booked and paid for and we only have one space left or possibly two places left for a couple sharing a double room.

We will navigate the waterways on the boat stopping off a various locations. By doing this we will also get the opportunity to photograph some of the mills not accessible by foot, if people want to return to bed following sunrise they can also head back to sleep safe in the knowledge that they wont be left behind as we will be travelling the river by boat.

The price would be split between eight people, which works out at 88 each. This includes the accommodation, damage waiver insurance and fuel, each person will then be responsible for their own food, we will be stopping off at various pubs for food along the way and there is also a cooker, fridge and microwave on board.

The boat base is at Potter Heigham and undercover parking is available at the boatyard. We aim to leave the boatyard shortly after midday on Friday 7th December and aim to be back on Monday 9th shortly after 10:00 am.

Some people cant make the Friday until the evening so it is possible for people to park at the boatyard on the friday night and get a taxi to our overnight location for the friday evening. Following sunset on the Sunday evening it is also possible for people to be dropped off at the boat yard to leave on the sunday following sunset.

The schedule includes shooting locations at sunrise and sunset and all locations work well for both landscape and wildlife subjects.
Coleslaw 15 13.4k 28 Wales
13 Nov 2007 8:43AM
PM sent, Chris.
FatHandedChap 14 1.3k England
13 Nov 2007 9:40AM
Can't make the whole weekend, but wouldn't say no to meeting up along the way somewhere if possible.

Tony
GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
14 Nov 2007 10:44PM
Hi there

Should be an excellent weekend Chris has put in a lot of work in organising the entire weekend on his jack jones and great to meet up with some other keen EPz members and generally take photos and chat about photography and enjoy some good company.

Chris's extensive knowledge of the Norfolk Broads means we will at worst be in the right place at the right time and at best the aforementioned and blessed with some half decent light (-: please!

Geoff
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
16 Nov 2007 10:20PM
Well I'm looking forward to this one.

Wink

And well done Chris for organising it.

All we need now is the weather.

Smile
GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
17 Nov 2007 10:40PM
We have a single place available - staying on the broads cruiser Saturday & Sunday night @ 50.00 - though you are more than welcome to join us all from Saturday morning.

Geoff

PS. Andy, really pleased you are coming - I'm sure we'll find loads of wrecked boats along the broads for you to photograph to add to your impression portfolio... spotted a really good wreck last week on the Weaver bend near Frodsham...
Simon_Palmer 14 759 11 United Kingdom
17 Nov 2007 11:21PM
Oh my.

I can't wait to see the shots that come back from here. The best landscaper and wildlife tog on the same ship should be a real feast for all our eyes upon your return.

I'd love to come myself but I'll probably be in prison if the tax man has his way with me Wink May manage a day tho if none of you would mind.

PS. My comments take nothing away from the other talent on this weekend, I can assure you all.
GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
18 Nov 2007 1:53PM
Simon

You are welcome to come along please let Chris Herring know... insurance on a boat and all that kind of thing.

Best Regards

Geoff
Simon_Palmer 14 759 11 United Kingdom
18 Nov 2007 2:57PM
Thanks Geoff. Insurance, geez don't say that, the missus will hire a boat and come at us the other way if I'm insured. Wink

Will let him know Geoff, once again thank you.
GeoffP 15 130 Portugal
20 Nov 2007 8:58PM
1 place left for Saturday & Sunday on board the cruiser only 50.00...

Particpants include Andy Dippe, Chris Herring (CH), Steve Butler, Phil Morgan, Kate Barclay, MeloneM, Mike Fewkes and yours truly...

Even if you are an absolute beginner just get signed up via CH and I'm sure we'll give you some great tips and advise

Geoff
MikeFisher 15 202 United Kingdom
20 Nov 2007 9:10PM
Would really liked to have joined you all on this, but i'm working Sad
If theres ever another one next year (April onwards) please let me know, as I will have fresh holiday entitlement to take then Wink

Mike
Digicat 13 127
20 Nov 2007 9:12PM
dayum am working but sounds good
Chris_H 17 1.5k 1
21 Nov 2007 11:07AM
Just to give you all an update, I have spoken to the boat yard about parking. Secure parking is available for 5 a head for the three days.

They also informed me all bed linen including sheets, pillows and duvets will be provided.

The locations we are going to are all looking good, the colour is starting to come into the reeds and the wildlife opportunities are also good. I was at one location we are visiting last Friday with some wonderful light on the mill, a chinese water deer feeding in front of me and two barn owls hunting away in front of me at close quarters for over an hour all was happening at the same time and then pooped up a kingfisher, I really could not make my mind up as to which to photograph.

Chris
stevebutler 16 122 England
21 Nov 2007 4:54PM
Thanks for the update Chris. Looking forward to it now.

Steve!
Phil_Morgan 14 182 1 Wales
21 Nov 2007 5:50PM
Cheers Chris

Can't wait!! :o)

Phil.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.