Get 5% off Loupedeck Live with code: Ephotozine5

Norfolk Broads Meet 7th 8th & 9th December

Chris_H 17 1.5k 1
6 Dec 2007 2:45PM
Hi Gaz,

We will be at Thurne on Friday and it looks like there may be some good weather tomorrow afternoon but all of Saturday is looking rubbish. Sunday looks good but we may end up going to Berney Arms which has just been restored (tide Depending) but if we do it means you cant get there by foot unless you want a two hour walk along the weavers way footpath.

You could meet us at Thurne Dyke Saturday morning but the weather is not looking good for Saturday so its up to you really.

Chris
Gaz_H 14 150 1 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2007 4:58PM
I'll meet up with you at Thurne Dyke nice and early on Saturday morning. Are you going to be on the Ludham side of the River or the Thurne side? The pub at Thurne is really friendly so i'm sure you'll have a good time Friday night.
Chris_H 17 1.5k 1
6 Dec 2007 5:34PM
Not too sure on what side of the river we will be on Gaz, if the weathers good we will sail over to the St Benets Side, if the weather is poor we will stay the Thurne Dyke side.

If you make a note of my mobile number (its on my website) and give me a call Saturday morning, if you can be at Thurne Dyke for about 30 mins before sunrise if we do cross over to the other side of the river you could just come on the boat with us then.

Chris
andytvcams 18 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2007 5:48PM

Quote:The pub at Thurne is really friendly

If its the Lion Inn i hope it is under new Mangement Sad
stevebutler 16 122 England
6 Dec 2007 5:53PM
That one is definitely out....They don't do chipsSmile
Chris_H 17 1.5k 1
6 Dec 2007 6:09PM
Its the Lion indeed, I have heard some good things about it and some bad things too but we will see for sure tomorrow.
6 Dec 2007 6:11PM
No luck with the takeaways then Chris?
Chris_H 17 1.5k 1
6 Dec 2007 8:11PM
I have got the numbers of a few, but none were open during the day so I haven't got any menus.

We will have to see if they can deliver if not we can get a mini bus from the location on saturday night to a nearby pub. Its only about two miles away and there is a taxi company nearby.

Chris
6 Dec 2007 8:25PM
Berney Arms looks good.
7 Dec 2007 4:17AM
Right bags packed car loaded.

I'm out of here. Wink
Gaz_H 14 150 1 United Kingdom
9 Dec 2007 8:38PM
Nice saying hi to you all, couldnt believe how marshy Thurne has got since my last visit about a month ago. Hope you all got some cracking shots saturday and sunday morning.
Melanie_M 15 168 9 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2007 10:57PM
Many thanks Chris for the wekend. Thank you for introducing me to a part of this land that may have been forever alien to me. Thanks, also, for leading me back to the A47 via an 'urban' area unscathed. It will be a place I will revisit. Thanks to everyone else for sharing their little bit of space and for the laughs. Mx
11 Dec 2007 11:36PM
Many thanks Chris and Sam for a wonderful weekend.

Very much appreciated.

Andy...
Chris_H 17 1.5k 1
13 Dec 2007 11:58AM
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend, I really enjoyed it and it was nice exploring the area by boat and meeting everyone.

I still feel the quiz on the Sunday night was fixed Smile

Chris
Melanie_M 15 168 9 United Kingdom
13 Dec 2007 6:42PM

Quote:I still feel the quiz on the Sunday night was fixed

Next time we need to have our mobile contacts ready. Wink

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.