Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

North Devon/Cornwall Border locations

lobsterboy Plus
17 14.9k 13 United Kingdom
28 May 2007 7:41PM
Hi Folks,

I'm off to Holsworthy (near bude) for a week soon, so can anyone recommend good landscape photography locations for me to visit?

Thanks
Chris
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
28 May 2007 8:42PM
You can 'go off' people!!!

Wink

Wish I could help Chris...

Smile
28 May 2007 9:08PM
Hello Chris,
You could go along the North Devon border to Clovelly, it's unique, or along the North Cornwall coast which I think is wonderful (I'm biased, because I live there!) Try the cliff path walk from Port Isaac to Port Quin, the views are fantastic, especially if you catch a sunset there. Or, go onto Bodmin Moor, try the walk to Roughtor. If I can help with directions etc just let me know. Have a great trip,
Sally
lobsterboy Plus
28 May 2007 9:10PM
Thanks Sally - Off to find those on the map Smile
lobsterboy Plus
29 May 2007 10:00PM
Anyone got any more ideas?
ZenTog 19 7.9k 1 England
29 May 2007 11:30PM
hi chris
try st necterns glen between Boscastle and Tintagel on the coast road, also very near it is Rocky valley , both are marked on the os survey maps, even tintagel castloe is worth a shot especially with storms brewing
but necterns glen is really special a waterfall over a slate cliff, then comes out horzintal through a round hole in rock then down into another fall, also the raggy trees at the base with offereings are often worth a shot
in rocky valley theres an ancient maze carved into rocks
Nic_WA 16 179 2 Australia
30 May 2007 1:01AM
Hi Chris - Maybe worth PMing Poochie...that's his stomping ground.
mattw 17 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
30 May 2007 8:47AM
Dartmoor
Exmore
Cornish coast
... what more do you need?

There is Bude, Sandymouth, Tintagel, Boscastle, Trebarwith (sp?)
lobsterboy Plus
30 May 2007 8:57AM
Thanks Paul,Nick & Mat.

Really useful stuff Smile
bamber 14 3
1 Jun 2007 4:41PM
Go to Hartland Quay were you will get a good pint, and some dramatic views and a sunset in the right conditions that could not be matched anywhere else in the world.
TheViking 14 115 United Kingdom
3 Jun 2007 9:45PM
Boscastle, Tintagel, port isaac and the surrounding coastline rank as my favorite locations ever ... There is also a wind farm nearby which make for a great backdrop ... Dartmoor has some very interesting abandoned mine workings with no attempt to keep the public out and The preserved railway at Launceston (the fetish capital of Britain) is very photographer friendly ...
11 Jun 2007 10:46PM
Hi Chris
Thanks for your comment on my cannon ball man. I have just found your note about staying at Holsworthy. I teach at Camelford and my wife,Anne, works at Cookworthy Forest centre just down the road from Holsworthy. The centre is open to the public and has an information centre. The forest has some great wildlife including red deer and nightjar.

There are some fantastic cliff formations at Millook between Boscastle and Widemouth bay. The views along the coast both North and South are superb from a viewpoint above Millook on the road to Widemouth. Millook was used as the set for several films.

Golitha Falls Just North of Liskeard where the river drops over the granite provides some lovely walks and locations. Lanhydrock just south of Bodmin is worth a visit, the river at the bottom of the estate also has some lovely locations. I have put some pictures onto the site from these locations. The "Shag in a Storm" is at Millook.

If you are into Otters there is the Tamar Otter Sanctuary about 8 miles south of Holsworthy. The Tamar Otter Sanctuary is situated at North Petherwin, 5 miles N.W. of Launceston off the B3254 road to Bude, Cornwall.

Best wishes
Dave Smith
Warbstow

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.