50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

North West Members Meet up

sinargee 18 245
10 Nov 2002 1:33PM
Hi everyone,

If you look under"Like minded people" you will see what peoples thoughts are on this. We have had lots of suggestions and the more the better.

Further to this line of thinking, I have decided to post more details of the place in Yorkshire I described early under the above heading:

I've been to this place in Yorkshire twice, on field trips with college. Its fully central and has a fully equipped kitchen with Aga and micro wave cooker and all pots and pans and cultery.

The bedrooms are small drm type containing two to four beds in each, bedding is not proveded so sleeping bags are the order of the day. It would be relavetively easy to accomodate ladies, though if there was only one we may lose a bedroom for obvious reasons.

The shower facilities are basic but clean with as much hot water as we need at no extra cost. There is a large dining room and also a cumfortable place to sit and chat in the evening.

It is situated near Blubberhouses and the tiny village is called West End. Literally two minutes walk done the lane there is a reservoir which is surrounded by woodland. Harrogate is 20 minutes away, Skipton about the same.

The village was situated were the reservior is now, the village was flooded many years ago, parts of buildings can be seen poking out of the water, quite erie on a misty morning. In fact the accomodation was the new church built for the village when it was flooded. It was hardly ever used as all the villagers moved away once the village was gone, so its very peaceful.

Unless prices have change since April of this year its 20 from Friday until Sunday. There should be enough parking I think.

So there you have it anyone interested?

Regards Bill
Anthony 19 5.6k 17 United Kingdom
10 Nov 2002 10:51PM
Hi Bill,

For the record, I'm in. I know you already know, but just wanted to log it on here.

Speak soon.

Anthony
belerophon 18 156
11 Nov 2002 12:05AM
Sounds good i,d love to take part although it depends on wifey(disabled).
ps as a true lanc do i need a passport for yorkshire
sinargee 18 245
11 Nov 2002 8:56AM
Gaz passports are required with all neccessary visa's and exit permits.

A Yorkshire man is like a side of bacon, much better when its been hung for three days.

Apologies to anyone of this county just an old joke HONEST!

Regards Bill
sinargee 18 245
11 Nov 2002 9:01AM
Gaz

further, if you wanted to bring your wife there are ground floor bedrooms. There are no steps on the ground floor.

I am sure any other requirements could be arranged.

Bill
onewildworld 18 696 4 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2002 11:19AM
I know Nottingham isnt strictly the North-West, and I'm moving south (Essex - anyone on here from down that way?) soon.....BUT I did go to school in Yorkshire?! Does this count enough?! If you'll have a southerner posing as a northerner then count me in! Sounds like a very interesting place with lots of photo oppurtunities!
Dave.
sinargee 18 245
11 Nov 2002 4:21PM
Hi Dave,

If we all close one eye and you run in I suppose you would get away with it. Seriously the more the better. Just don't retaliate by telling too many Lancashire jokes OK!

Regards Bill
onewildworld 18 696 4 United Kingdom
11 Nov 2002 4:28PM
Cheers Bill, I'll put on my best Northern accent and pretend I don't even know where London is!
Dave.
Oh, and i promise not to drink and soft southerner drinks!
belerophon 18 156
17 Nov 2002 9:08PM
lets not talk about it lets go for it.any members without transport i have a car
sinargee 18 245
19 Nov 2002 7:06AM
Thanks to everyone who as shown interest, at this count there are four, if they bring along partners thats eight. We need at least approach 20 before its worth booking the place SO COME ON THE REST OF YOU.

Regards Bill
Badger 18 4.7k 20 United Kingdom
24 Nov 2002 12:18AM
Make that nine then Bill, you can count me in for sure. Let me know the date and I'll see everyone there.
Matt
sinargee 18 245
24 Nov 2002 9:38AM
Thanks Matt will do
sinargee 18 245
24 Nov 2002 1:31PM
Everyone,

I am pleased with the response so far and I think we can do this, but I am keen to avoid the male only club syndrome. So are there no ladies in the Northwest interested in this trip. You would be very welcome I am sure you realise you don't have to wait for a personal invitation.

Regards Bill
Anthony 19 5.6k 17 United Kingdom
26 Nov 2002 10:05PM
Hi Bill, hows things? Been a wee while since we spoke, all well I hope? I see we are up to 9 people, great. Well, a friend of mine from work is interested in coming too. For the record, he did add it is subject to the date, but should be able to arrange it with his better half. So, that makes 10 eh?

I am working on my dad, he may be interested, so will keep you up to date on that one.

Speak soon.

Anthony
sinargee 18 245
26 Nov 2002 10:18PM
Hi Anthony,
Iam well enough but busy with college work, good news maybe we will get to 20 yet hey.

Regards Bill

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.