Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Not again! - fuel protest / blockade

brian1208 18 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
18 Sep 2005 10:04AM
Particularly Beamers - and the Pratt in White Mercedes van that raced up to my tail this afternoon and flashed his lights, 'cos then I was able to pass him stuck in the wrong lane about 2 miles further down the road! Smile

Brian
barnowl 16 697
18 Sep 2005 1:02PM
You guys have really got it in for me. First for being a biker and now for having a beemer. Geez, give a guy a brake!!
Kris_Dutson 19 8.2k 1 England
18 Sep 2005 1:12PM
Blimey, I go on holiday for a week and look what's happened to my thread!!

Bloody bikers taking over...

Better not look at my profile pic then Wink

Kris.
dontforgetme 17 1.7k 7 United Kingdom
20 Sep 2005 4:40AM

Quote:"The only think that 'speaks' is that the fatality or serious injury rate is higher with motorcyclists, and certainly doesn't show them to be more reckless and a hazard anymore than any other road user."

Dream on! Don't tell me! The figures prove they are less reckless and less of a hazard! You're living in a dream world.

I think its you in the Dream world. As has been pointed out, the stats for peds must mean thay are mindless lemings.

The stats simply show the vulnerabilty of the subject. Although I's agree there are plenty of twats out there, like the one that nearly caused an accident with Bernie.

However, please dont make the mistake of equating speed or velocity with capability or road sense. Also dont assume all of us are young inexperienced riders or road users.
nigelf22 17 583
20 Sep 2005 5:29AM
Been riding for years - had a gap - then bought the biggest fastest bike in the shop. Took it gently and treated it with the respect it deserved while we were both learning (it was called running in). I have always ridden fast when conditions were appropriate and on a bike that, from bumbling along at 60, can pull out accelerate, overtake a line of cars and pull back in safely, quicker than you can read this, I do feel superior, especially if I am smoothly progressing my journey.

I really don't care if some of the cage drivers don't like it, they may blithley assume I am taking a risk, a chance, but they can't see what I can see from an elevated position and being cocooned they don't have much of an idea about timing / velocities possible on a fast bike. If there is a blind bend/brow of a hill coming up, you don't overtake or time it accordingly, in case a daft twit is overtaking badly in the oncoming direction.

A majority of car drivers have an anti-attitude to bikes - stuff 'em.
20 Sep 2005 7:38AM
I see the price of fuel's come down again then (a gentle attempt to bring us back on subject and end the wasted "Us vs Them" debate.

Its getting worse than Canon vs Nikon for god's sake! Smile

Brian
barnowl 16 697
20 Sep 2005 11:22AM
What's a Nikon?
20 Sep 2005 11:26AM
500cc?
10 Dec 2007 11:27AM
Seems we may be heading for another this coming weekend Blockade

Doesn't say how long they plan to carry on though, just that it starts on Saturday :-(
cambirder 17 7.2k England
10 Dec 2007 11:30AM
Lets just hope they lock the sods up this time.
peter_davey 15 1.4k England
10 Dec 2007 11:36AM
are well I'll just have to cook more chips and put the oil in my tank Smile
Ewan 18 383 Scotland
10 Dec 2007 1:13PM
Good plan! Last time around I was using 4-star so never ran out! Used to get some right dirty looks as I was filling up and the only pump with fuel left in it.

Using diesel now, so it may have to be chip fat too Wink
stuwhitt Plus
17 1.4k United Kingdom
10 Dec 2007 1:28PM
Lock them all up and throw away the key
peter_davey 15 1.4k England
10 Dec 2007 3:54PM
you must filter it first and boil it twice to remove the moisture - then you can use it apperently.
Maddie 16 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
10 Dec 2007 3:56PM
shame it wasn't this weekend just gone we could have got stranded at Horses studio Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.