Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Not Scotland

15 Oct 2017 9:46AM
We were planning on going for a week in the motorhome to Scotland but the outlook for the weather is a little bit wet and breezy for the west coast of Britain.
My question is where would you go in Britain for a bit of motorhome fun on the east side. (birds, landscape, dog walking etc)

We are leaving today sunday 15th October at about 5.30pm after my lads football match
I look forward to your ideas

SteveSmile

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chris.maddock 18 3.7k United Kingdom
15 Oct 2017 9:51AM
Northumberland coast. Pretty well anywhere is worth a look, but I'd head for somewhere in the vicinity of Lindisfarne.
rambler Plus
11 1.0k 17 England
15 Oct 2017 10:33AM
Yes ditto Northumberland, Second choice Yorkshire, around Whitby.
cabbie Plus
12 31 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2017 11:27AM
Yorkshire, Whitby North yorkshire moors railway and last but not least for your type of photography Bempton cliffs for your feathered friends. Have a good trip
PRC 5 219 United Kingdom
15 Oct 2017 12:57PM
Another vote for Northumberland. We were there in September; it's a lovely area.
Tianshi_angie 4 2.7k England
15 Oct 2017 1:45PM
Actually although I would endorse the Northumberland coast I would also suggest the East Coast of Scotland - there are some wonderful views and masses of interesting castles. And, of course, always the chance of Whales and Dolphins.

Just to add if you decide on the N. of England and you're into sky at night then the Kielder Forest is a must.
15 Oct 2017 3:06PM
A little bit further up.the East Nuek of Fife is worth a look. Forth Crossing to get there then follow the well signposted coastal tourist route to St Andrews. There are some stunning beaches and coastlines and some charming little fishing villages, Culross, Burtisland, Kinghorn Elie, St Monans, Pittenweem, Anstruther(best fish supper in the universe) and Crail. Loads of campsites. Avoid Methil and Leven, Industrialised and grim.
Have a good one.
Cheers
Alan
Snapper Plus
14 4.4k 3 Scotland
15 Oct 2017 3:38PM
I think the OP is looking to avoid the forecast storm, and Fife looks as though it is going to be hit according to
the Met Office graphic on the BBC website
15 Oct 2017 4:32PM

Quote:I think the OP is looking to avoid the forecast storm, and Fife looks as though it is going to be hit according to the Met Office

Yeah, I know but the weather here in Scotland is notoriously difficult to forecast accurately. They are lucky to get it right more than fifty percent of the timeGrin
Personally I'd "suck it and see"
Cheers
Alan
18 Oct 2017 2:43PM
Suck it and see

Yes we are in Scotland
Itís stopped raining now

No work until Monday 🙂

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.