Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Not too happy with Warehouse Express

Tutterzzz 14 160 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 12:03PM
I ordered the crumpler daily 490 bag off them 4 weeks ago, nearly five and it still hadnt arrived

I rang up 2 weeks after to find out where my order was to find the bag i wanted was actually on order

So i rang up just now to still find out where my bag was.
turns out they had one of it in and were going to dispatch it today to a customer who placed an order 7 days ago, whoever that was got the priority while ive been waiting nearly 5 weeks!

needless to say though after that phonecall that bag is now being dispatched to me tomorrow.

Still a pain in the arse though since i needed it 3 weeks ago.
simont 17 2.3k 4 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 12:07PM
Did you try Jessops?
Coleslaw 16 13.4k 28 Wales
7 Jun 2007 12:14PM
seems like their service has gone downhill...
;-(
mattw 17 5.2k 10 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 12:44PM
One mistake does not necceseraly mean this happens all the time.

I can understand that this must have been annoying for you, and you have good reason to complain to WE. However, I do note that when you highlighted the problem to them, that moved quickly to put it right.

Everyone makes maistakes from time to time - It is how they correct then that is important.

I have had good service from WE (although I do have some parts on back order at the moment)
brian1208 18 11.8k 12 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 12:46PM

Quote:Everyone makes maistakes from time to time
!
(you've got the same faulty keyboard as me Matt Smile )
mdpontin 17 6.0k Scotland
7 Jun 2007 12:55PM

Quote:One mistake does not necceseraly mean this happens all the time.

I agree. I've twice bought from them this year and on both occasions they couldn't be faulted. Excellent customer service and v. good prices.
Carabosse 18 41.6k 270 England
7 Jun 2007 12:57PM

Quote:One mistake does not necceseraly mean this happens all the time.

Yes, Pete and Our Keef had the sense to stop after their first offspring! ;-D

PS: Spellchecker available here , Matt. Smile
Coleslaw 16 13.4k 28 Wales
7 Jun 2007 12:59PM
I have used them many times as well, and they have been great (even though I always call them first before I order it online).

But I think there have been couple of complaints this week about them in EPZ.

Hence,

Quote:Seems like their service has gone downhill...

Still I will use them if the price is right.
cameracat 17 8.6k 61 Norfolk Island
7 Jun 2007 2:46PM
Judging by some of my own experiences with W/E, It would seem that the problems arise when something is out off stock, OR on Pre-Order, For some reason when the goods are in stock, The sales side do not have it flagged up on thier system, That previous orders are waiting, This goes for stuff on Pre- Order as well.

Sales meanwhile sell of all the arrived stuff to new sales, And when those waiting check up they find they have been left out.

Case in point, I ordered Nikon Capture NX on Pre-Order, 7 Months later when it finally hit the UK shores, I fully expected it to turn up from Warehouse, When I noticed that many other outlets where advertising it as in stock, I rang W/E to find out when I might get my order.

I was sked if I still wanted it, Yes say's I, Then I was told that the shipment had all been sold, And I would be on the next one.

GGGgggggrrrrrrr, Order Cancelled, Purchased elsewhere and delivered within 24 hours.

SO whilst I agree that now and then mistakes can be made, No one is perfect, The number of incidents has been on the increase of late.

I think W/E need to look to themselves to find out why, And address the situation, Before the superb record they have is vaporized.

Sad
nikguyatt 17 533 England
7 Jun 2007 3:51PM
Would help if they told you online whether the item was in stock or not. I too phone first and check in stock, then order!
collywobles 17 4.1k 10 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 4:11PM
When they have asked, that is one thing I have listed that with Warehouse Express you have no way of checking the status of your account - this is really a must nowadays and with most other sites you can.
PP 19 222 England
7 Jun 2007 7:20PM
Have used them many times in the past and happy with their service, but always phone first to check stock availability before placing an order.
jakabout 17 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
7 Jun 2007 7:44PM
In the days when I was still buying equipment I'd phone up WE and check they had stock. If not, I'd buy elsewhere. I'd phone around until I found someone with stock.

Works for me Smile
Just Jas 19 26.3k 1 England
7 Jun 2007 8:06PM
Quite often the main supplier lets the retailer down on delivery. Delivery expected 3 days - goes back 4 weeks.

The retailer takes the kicks.

Agree, however, on-line dealers should indicate stock.

However, retailers do not always want their competitors to know their stock levels, it can help the competitor with his pricing.

7DS say "Stock plenty" or "Awaiting stock" on their website.

Seems a good compromise.

jas

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.