Your chance to win a Nikon Z 50 Camera Kit!

Not very happy!i

Attention!

This topic is locked.

Maddie 15 2.7k 2 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2005 12:23PM
hi its maddie i am very new to the epz site and photography, i have just come across a comment made by celestun on danpens gallery which i feel is damn out of order. i am overwhelmed by the photos i view in all sections and have made my views and recieved lots of encouraging feedback and help, i was not aware that i should limit my enthusiasm, but wonder what this guys problem or interest is in me. To my knowledge there are thousands of photos uploaded and everyone should be entitled to express what pleasure they recieve from each image. i do not get or expect feedback from the feedback i leave. Should i give up now or ignore such comments, is it the fact that i seemed to be doing so well. If anyone reads this please can you help me with this issue because obviously the problem involves the people that have supported my gallery! love maddie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

u08mcb 16 5.8k
20 Jun 2005 12:25PM
Well what you WILL get is loads of people backing you up because you chose to publicise this rather than report abuse to the team directly. Well done, ego massaged.
UserRemoved 16 4.2k
20 Jun 2005 12:28PM
'serial clicking' is what its known as
UserRemoved 15 481
20 Jun 2005 12:31PM
You should really have reported this to the EPZ team Maddie.

iain. Smile
20 Jun 2005 12:31PM
no i am not on an ego boost i am very cross and like i said this does not just involve me, how was i supposed to know this should have been reported as abuse!
sharonc 16 369
20 Jun 2005 12:32PM
Maddie
I think the comment (towards you) is a little harsh. Not really any need for it. Everyone is entitled to express their opinion on whether they like someone's images or not and why. Not really sure picking holes in other peoples comments is particularly helpful but there will always be disagreements on sites like this - you just have to get used to that I'm afraid. Don't let it bother you - enjoy the site. It's a great place.

Sharon
20 Jun 2005 12:33PM
so i am now a serial clicker, am i, ok i will report it thanks
u08mcb 16 5.8k
20 Jun 2005 12:33PM
Come on. Think a step ahead. If you, an ostensibly popular member of the site comes onto the forum and trash-talks another member, regardless of the merits of either case, what's going to happen?

errors and abuse
20 Jun 2005 12:35PM
thanks sharon, i cant believe this is happening over photos! i do it purely as a hobbie.
20 Jun 2005 12:38PM
excuse me im the one who has been trashed talked, i have left good feedback on this guy and look what i get!
UserHasLeft 16 654
20 Jun 2005 12:39PM
Hmmmm and if an ostensibly excellent photographer with numerous site awards trash-talks a member (who happens to enjoy looking at hundreds of photos and saying so) and is then reported by that member for 'abuse', what's going to happen?
UserRemoved 15 481
20 Jun 2005 12:41PM
On a positive note - I really appreciate your support for my own work. You seem like a good person, so don't feel so bad. I too have been victim of the occasional rude member or comment, but once I put it in perspective, it is only a photosite.

Best wishes,
iain. Smile
u08mcb 16 5.8k
20 Jun 2005 12:41PM
It'll be looked into with people who can actually act accordingly.

sorry it just really annoys me when people take their disputes from gallery onto forum as it serves absolutely no purpose but to fuel the fire.
andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
20 Jun 2005 12:44PM
A storm in a tea cup.
UserHasLeft 16 654
20 Jun 2005 12:44PM
Well maybe the fire needs fuelling! Currently, any comment ( f you, f off, you're a useless sycophantic b) can be made with the only threat being the removal of the comment. Hardly a deterrent.