Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Off beat landscape locations

Nick_w 14 4.3k 99 England
12 May 2021 11:23AM
A long overdue foray into EPZ.

Iím hoping for a bit of advice on Landscape locations. As some of you may know I used to do some landscape work, before exploring the more creative side.

I know a number of the ďclassicĒ locations, but Iím looking for some inspiration for some more off beat places.

I have a small project in mind, itís to create a series of about a dozen images, all black and white itís for my home (my ex hated my photos, so time to indulge ...), so preferably dramatic vistas or the complete opposite tranquil minimalist locations.

All replies greatly appreciated
saltireblue Plus
11 11.9k 75 Norway
12 May 2021 12:00PM
The isle of Skye has a lot of underrated locations, always overshadowed by the headline ones which grab all the attention.
There's a YouTube channel called Photography Online who are based there - might be of interest to you...
12 May 2021 12:02PM
Thanks Malcolm I will certainly look that up as hoping to go to Skye sometime this year 😃
JJGEE 16 7.9k 18 England
12 May 2021 12:27PM

Quote:The isle of Skye has a lot of underrated locations, always overshadowed by the headline ones which grab all the attention.
There's a YouTube channel called Photography Online who are based there - might be of interest to you...

And specifically this episode Isle Of Sky Top Ten Views
12 May 2021 12:37PM
Iím watching it now 😃
pink Plus
17 6.7k 8 United Kingdom
12 May 2021 3:21PM
Places I'd add;
Dungeness
Shingle street
Northumberland coast
Lindisfarne (Holy Island)
Spurn Point
All the Hhebridean Scottish islands, especially Mull, Eigg and Islay
Anglesey

Just for starters
Ian
Nigeyboy 13 1.0k United Kingdom
12 May 2021 3:32PM
North Norfolk, and its coastline, especially between Brancaster and Blakeney. Inland from there are some lovely vista's. Yes, its flat, but big skies and wide expanses make it both a challenging, and rewarding location. Grew up there, but now live in landlocked Derbyshire . . . .

12 May 2021 5:08PM
I would add a fairly unvisited 'coast of Cumbria', most folk spend their time in the lake district itself - some very isolated and lonely beaches and certainly from the north of the area, views of 'distant' Scotland.
12 May 2021 7:04PM
Thank you everyone very helpful 😃
seahawk 14 1.4k United Kingdom
13 May 2021 10:01AM
Galloway! See my PF for views.
13 May 2021 4:23PM
Thanks Martin

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.