Oldbie from Milton Keynes

User_Removed 11 718 1 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2009 6:04PM
Hi,
Seeing as we've recently had a newbie (Veronique) from Milton Keynes here's an oldbie. Oldbie because of my age and the length of time I've been taking photos! Not that I've improved much over the years.
I regard myself as a part time freelance.

I provide illustrated travel and special features for camping, caravan and motorhome magazines. I guess I've had around 500 features published but that is over 17 years and includes short campsite reviews. It basically pays for my trips and photography. A self financing hobby you might say. Because of this much of my photography has been of the picture postcard variety.

Hopefully I'll be inspired to be more creative by some of the outstanding photographers on this site.
I also used to contribute to a picture library but gave that up because it was too time consuming.

Before moving to to digital I used Bronica and Canon equipment but now have an Olympus E500 and I'm thinking about the E620 for my next purchase.

Best wishes,
Bob

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
8 Aug 2009 6:32PM
Hi Bob! Welcome to the wild and woolly website that is epz! There'll be lots of people hoping to pick your brains about your photography and writing. But wait - you've been here since 2007 - so welcome again!

There is so much info on this site plus there are meets, competitions, reviews, you name it. It's all here!

Pull up a chair and get stuck in Smile
webjam 15 292 11 Netherlands
8 Aug 2009 9:26PM
Seems you have loads of experience under your belt. Browse the pictures here and you will be inspired to take loads of new images. Make sure you upload them for us to enjoy too!

Jacqueline
User_Removed 11 718 1 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2009 9:49PM
True I joined in 2007 but not really had time to participate. Hope that's changed a little now and I have uploaded several images over the last week.

Bob
SuziBlue 17 16.2k 10 Scotland
8 Aug 2009 9:56PM
Good to hear it, Bob. Smile
MadTrace 15 268 United Kingdom
8 Aug 2009 10:31PM
Hi bob, am also from Milton Keynes, there is quite a few of us, this is a great site, have fun. Tracy
whipspeed 15 4.2k 22 United Kingdom
9 Aug 2009 10:09AM
HI Bob, I'm from Northamptonshire, so close to MK. Welcome back Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.