Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 10 Ultimate

olmec paper

alan h. 19 275 United Kingdom
10 Aug 2005 8:43AM
i have just started using a box of olmec gloss super heavyweight paper and i am disappointed with the creamy coloured surface
compared to some other paper i
am using the difference is great. i have used olmec paper for some years but have never noticed this before. the box says brilliant white. alan

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

kaybee 16 7.2k 26 Scotland
10 Aug 2005 2:19PM
Take it back to the retailer and ask to have a look at the same paper from a differant batch number....if it is the same, I am afraid it is tough - that is the paper. If there is a difference than you may have a bad batch (it can happen in any manufacturing process and there is no point shouting at the seller)

Roy
whiskers 15 11
12 Aug 2005 6:04AM
Alan,

I agree with Kaybee if your not satsified take it back to the retailer if that doesnt work try the manufacturer as they may swap it out for you.
The 260gsm gloss is execllent and is bright white wheras the super heavyweight (300gsm) is much ceamier and more silvr halide white.
At the end of it it depends on what you want from your paper. There both very good for there ownb specific needs!
Whiskers
TeresaH 15 1.1k United Kingdom
12 Aug 2005 6:42AM
I use the satin and gloss and have always been impressed.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
12 Aug 2005 11:05AM

Quote:I use the satin and gloss

Dulux, or Paint Pot Pro, Teresa? Smile

jas
dven Plus
15 42 United Kingdom
12 Aug 2005 10:59PM
I use the 260 gsm heavyweight satin with the epson 2100 printer and find it really good

dven
13 Aug 2005 12:30AM
thanks for your views, the actual pictures printed on the paper look good but as i said the paper surface is creamy and i like white borders i use a lot of their 260gsm paper and have found it to be excellent. but they do describe the 300gsm paper on the box as being brilliant white which it isnt. i have emailed the makers but to date they have not replied. alan
Tonyd3 16 1.1k 18 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2005 12:56AM
Alan

I agree with all of the above, I use this Paper too and that just does not seem right to me it normally does have a very white base so take it back and complain.

As a mater of interest where did you get it from?

Regards
Tony
13 Aug 2005 11:42AM
Hi Tony, I buy all my paper and inks from 7 day shop. Incidently on their website they do not state the paper is brilliant white and on a second look at the box the brilliant white it refers to is in a mention of the 260gsm paper so i may be moaning about nothing. alan
Tonyd3 16 1.1k 18 United Kingdom
14 Aug 2005 5:40AM
Hi Alan

I have just been on the olmec website to see if there is any technical help it seems you can contact someone called DR.OLMEC by email dr.olmec@ici-imagedata.com

I would try complaining. You never know you may get some free? also on the Olmec website you have a list of Olmec gold star dealers so you may be able to get it locally.

Regards
Tony
15 Aug 2005 10:27AM
i have received an answer from i c i and it says the 300gsm paper has a neutral whiteness which generates rich, natural colours and is excellent for black and white. they say if you want a brilliant white paper to buy the 260gsm paper. alan

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.