Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

OMD E-M5 mkii user ?

22 Jun 2021 9:20AM
I am looking for E-5 mkii users so I can view their work as I am considering whether to upgrade from the E-M1.
I have seen several good used models and they are not too expensive new, but buying all the peripherals, grip, flash etc etc etc shoots the price right up. I would like to confirm that the image quality over the E-M 5, really justifies this expense.
All help would be appreciated.
Sorry, but not interested in the mk iii as it is way out of my price range Grin
Many Thanks,
David
22 Jun 2021 10:11AM
If you do a search for that camera on Flickr that will bring up all the images that are on there taken by that camera. You will have to, of course, take into consideration that there is no guarantee that they get the best from the camera that is possible.
22 Jun 2021 11:52AM

Quote:If you do a search for that camera on Flickr that will bring up all the images that are on there taken by that camera. You will have to, of course, take into consideration that there is no guarantee that they get the best from the camera that is possible.

That is why I thought I would ask here first, get a more measured opinion SmileSmileSmile
dark_lord Plus
17 2.8k 778 England
22 Jun 2021 12:32PM
What is it about your current camera that you're not satisfied with?
Is there some specification of the Mk 2 that you think is 'better' than your current camera? And how will that translate into 'improved' pictures?
Answer those honestly.
Just because someone takes 'good' pictures from a certain camera doesn't mean the camera is 'good'.
Just because someone takes 'poor' poictures with an expensive camera doesn't mean that camera is 'bad'.
22 Jun 2021 1:37PM

Quote:What is it about your current camera that you're not satisfied with?
Is there some specification of the Mk 2 that you think is 'better' than your current camera? And how will that translate into 'improved' pictures?
Answer those honestly.
Just because someone takes 'good' pictures from a certain camera doesn't mean the camera is 'good'.
Just because someone takes 'poor' pictures with an expensive camera doesn't mean that camera is 'bad'.

Not my main concern really, the E-M 5 mkii has a High Res Mod of 40 megapixel, which the E-M1 does not, otherwise the other differences I can do without. I would just like to see some of these 40mp files to see if, in my opinion, the outlay is worthwhile.
I agree 100% with your points, thanks for the input, appreciated.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.