Save 10% On Pictar Home Studio Pro Photography Kits With Code: EPHOTOZINE10

OneStopDigital

andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
6 Dec 2009 5:15PM
Send them through Manchester airport.
Nobody works in customs after midnight.
As I found out when I showed up at 2am.

The building was empty,manged to find a phone on the wall explained to them that I had just got off a plane from Korea
and had some equipment to declare the voice on the other end of the phone told me to go home.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

uggyy 14 2.1k 9 Scotland
6 Dec 2009 5:18PM

Quote:the voice on the other end of the phone told me to go home.

Class LOL... Honesty does pay sometimes.
canonfan46 10 1.1k United Kingdom
8 Dec 2009 11:24AM
Update on Digigood faulty 7d body.
I contacted Digigood on Monday morning and reported the faulty camera and got a quick response.
After a few emails to determine the problem they are sending me a "Returns Number" so that I can send it back to them.

They have promised me a replacement if the item is faulty.

So far so good.

John
11 Dec 2009 12:05PM
Digigood have had my returned camera for 3 days now and although I have managed to get two email replies from them all they will say is that they will "replace as soon as posible" but surely 3 days is sufficient knowing they have plenty of these cameras in stock.

I'm still waiting but now getting worried that they are going to send me a repair which is def not on.

john
cambirder 16 7.2k England
12 Dec 2009 12:28AM

Quote:but surely 3 days is sufficient knowing they have plenty of these cameras in stock.

Not if it has to go back to Hong Kong to be checked.

Quote:I'm still waiting but now getting worried that they are going to send me a repair which is def not on.

On or not I don't think you have much say in the matter as you are not dealing with a company that has to comply with DSR's
12 Dec 2009 1:35AM
Digigood are indeed a HK company with a warehouse in UK.
They only sell through Ebay (as far as I know) and dispatch from UK.
Their feedback score is 99.8% and are required to work to Ebay rules as well as PayPal's.
One of Ebay's rules for business sellers is the long distance buying rule which says that you can return any item within 7 working days for a full refund for any reason. I only had the camera for 5 working days before the fault developed.
Hopefully, their feedback score and the 7 day rule gives me a chance of being treated fairly.
They have had 22,500 sales over the past 12 months with only 75 negatives so they cant be that bad..............can they ?
I'll let you know.
12 Dec 2009 1:36AM
They have said that they will "replace as soon as possible"
gaelldew 13 377 United Kingdom
12 Dec 2009 11:31AM
Did you keep a record of the serial number?
12 Dec 2009 4:04PM
yes, did that ok...........
14 Dec 2009 11:08AM
Digigood have certainly lived up to their feedback score.
This morning I received a brand new 7D in place of my faulty one, no arguement, no fuss, just great service.
After 7 days of use the original developed a fault and I contacted digigood on Monday 7th. I returned the camera and they received it on Wed 9th.
They were worryingly quiet for a few days but once they got a chance to examine the camera they have kept 100% to their guarantee and to-day Mon 14th, I am perfectly happy with their service. You cant beat a 5 day resolution.

If this problem had been dealt with under a normal Canon warranty I wonder how long it would have taken.

1st class service from an internet company that I would have no hesitation in dealing with again. I would recommend them to anyone as their prices are def cheaper than anyone else and as proved, their "sellers guarantee" is perfectly valid.

Now, where was that herd of deer I saw last week..........

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.