Enter the ePHOTOzine Christmas Prize Draw extravaganza!

Online Image Printing Services

ian_w 14 22 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2008 10:43AM
Has anyone used any? And which would you recommend?

I'm currently looking to print A3 size for a couple of images for my parents so that they can then put them in a frame, or see if I can order a frame at the time I print as well before I have them delivered - to save them having to get the frame.

I've not been able to find a print service that also offers frames as well, so wondering if anyone has, and who they recommend? I found photobox, and also seen people recommending them, but hoping I can sort out a frame at the same time.

Thanks

Ian

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 15 4.3k 2 United Kingdom
27 Feb 2008 8:34PM
There have been several threads in the Forum recently.
I've never used them but this one got a good review on here recently
bpd phototech
FatHandedChap 13 1.3k England
27 Feb 2008 10:44PM
Loxley colour and Peak Imaging both offer a framing service, options are quite limited, but quality is good. Personally I use a local framers as they're not that much more plus there's a wider choice.
28 Feb 2008 9:58AM
Thanks for the info.

I've just tried photobox, since I'd seen that recommended here. I ordered 2 x A3 prints, and I also then ordered frames from:

http://www.fastframes.co.uk

as they had the A3 size frames that I needed. So shall see how they turn out, and then update to say on quality etc.
28 Feb 2008 11:23AM
Hope you colour matched with the photobox site otherwise you'll probably find the photographs are darker than you wanted.
calibration page
FatHandedChap 13 1.3k England
28 Feb 2008 12:16PM
I hope your frames are OK from FastFrames. I had a duff batch which had to be returned and then a four month wait for a refund which only materialised with the threat of court action.
3 Mar 2008 2:16PM
No, I didn't do that calibration but hopefully they'll come out OK.

So far though I'm not impressed with photobox. My first order informed me of being dispatched and I had booked courier delivery for next day. After two days it still hadn't arrived, and it should have been delivered Friday at the latest last week.

However, I am not told by photobox why it didn't arrive, and they have now told me it will be reprinted and dispatched today - they have given me a tracking number, which I've just tried and it doesn't work as if it doesn't exist. Certainly not good as a first-time customer to experience this appalling delivery service and duff tracking number.

Frames are good though, got them nice and quick and they look good also.
3 Mar 2008 9:35PM

Quote:I had booked courier delivery for next day

I always use the cheapest service and they always arrive the next day.
agoreira 16 6.0k Wales
3 Mar 2008 10:05PM

Quote:
So far though I'm not impressed with photobox. My first order informed me of being dispatched and I had booked courier delivery for next day. After two days it still hadn't arrived, and it should have been delivered Friday at the latest last week.

I ordered around 20 shots on Friday afternoon from Photobox, cheapest delivery, and based on past performance was disappointed they didn't arrive on Saturday. But they were here this morning. Ordered last week on a Friday afternoon, delivered Sat morning.
4 Mar 2008 8:29AM
My tracking number is working, so it seems it's on it's way this time. I've asked to find out why the first one didn't arrive, and what went wrong. At least for peace of mind.
Coleslaw 14 13.4k 28 Wales
4 Mar 2008 8:39AM
A bit late now, but try ProAm Imaging, A3 print 1 each. I tried it, and many have as well, and I can thoroughly recommend them.
4 Mar 2008 9:15AM

Quote:ProAm Imaging

Have they got online upload?
Coleslaw 14 13.4k 28 Wales
4 Mar 2008 9:45AM
Can't remember, I think you can send by email or something. Check their website here
4 Mar 2008 8:28PM
They didn't know what happened to the first delivery. But I got it today and it looks good so I've been told by my father so that's the main thing.

Will bear ProAM Imaging in mind and check them out later. Hopefully next time photobox will be better though.
chris.maddock 18 3.7k United Kingdom
4 Mar 2008 8:46PM

Quote:QuoteTongueroAm ImagingHave they got online upload?

Nope, CD by post only. When I last looked on their forums they were adamant that they couldn't run an upload facility or FP server for the prices they charge.

However DS Colour Labs do have upload facilities, similar pricing (in fact, 18"x12" prints are 1p cheaper) and turnround time to ProAm and just as good quality.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.