Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

Online Printing Companies

13 Nov 2017 5:20PM
Hello Im currently a photography student

I was wondering if anybody could help me, im struggling to find a good print company, im after good quality and value since im a student and only get a student loan

Are there any good professional/acceptable online print companies that offer the option of borders.

I'm looking to print in A4 Size (Gloss) with 1/2 inch border for under 5 per print

Has anyone got any recommendations?

Maisie

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong Plus
9 7.1k 30 England
13 Nov 2017 5:34PM
DS Colour Labs. Quick, easy and great quality. No need to download a program to use. Many print options.
Jestertheclown 9 7.6k 252 England
13 Nov 2017 8:20PM

Quote:DS Colour Labs. Quick, easy and great quality. No need to download a program to use. Many print options.

I'll second that.
Big Bri 16 16.3k United Kingdom
14 Nov 2017 9:07AM
I use Loxley Colour

You have to register to get their pricing, but it's 2.16 for a gloss or lustre A4, coming down in price the more you order. Metallic or Fuji velvet is 50% extra.
I gave up on gloss and use their lustre and they do a fabulous job.

Not used DSCL but it looks like theirs are 65p per A4.

Maybe send the same image to a few companies and compare what comes back? I used to be happy with Photobox until I compared one of their prints with one from Loxley.
15 Nov 2017 10:02AM
As a "professional lab", Loxley prefers to deal with professionals, most of whom will order a lot of product from them. Phone them and it's easier to sign up.
JJGEE 12 7.1k 18 England
15 Nov 2017 1:11PM

Quote:As a "professional lab", Loxley prefers to deal with professionals,

A convoluted way of informing us that Big Bri is a professional Wink
15 Nov 2017 2:01PM

Quote:
Quote:As a "professional lab", Loxley prefers to deal with professionals,

A convoluted way of informing us that Big Bri is a professional Wink

Haha, that's the funniest thing I read all day.

Loxley may "prefer" dealing with professionals, but they've always provided me with excellent service despite my orders being small and infrequent.
15 Nov 2017 3:10PM

Quote:As a "professional lab", Loxley prefers to deal with professionals, most of whom will order a lot of product from them.

I imagine the truth is that Loxley, and other pro labs, really want to deal with competent photographers who don't send them crap files and expect them to make a good print.
15 Nov 2017 4:40PM

Quote:I imagine the truth is that Loxley, and other pro labs, really want to deal with competent photographers who don't send them crap files and expect them to make a good print.

I'm still laughing Wink
AlexE 63 United Kingdom
15 Nov 2017 5:58PM
I don't think I'll use Loxley if they don't print c*** files...
15 Nov 2017 7:09PM

Quote:I don't think I'll use Loxley if they don't print c*** files...

Even a good lab will generally return a crap print from a crap digital file. Pro Am are both excellent and cheap but they'll print exactly what you send them so the file has to be spot-on.
16 Nov 2017 10:59AM
Thankyou for all your feedback, I have ordered some, Gloss, Metallic and Lustre prints from DSCL and they are great quality, I also ordered some from Loxley but i am still waiting to receive these.

Thanks again Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.