Only Black - Personal project

18 Jun 2019 11:01AM
These images being reductions of the originals will show some grey. The actual files will print Black only using the cheapest Laser printer. And up to 18" x 24" on Hahnemühle Photo Rag, damned expensive so I just bought one, it's superb.

I'd wanted to make images that were impressions but retained their photographic integrity, I'd been very impressed with woodcuts and amazed at the small sizes of the prints 3" x 4" being common. The endgrain box wood is very expensive and the trees are protected in some parts of the world. So no large images anymore all used up in the 19th Century, the trees are very slow growing and unlike others do not show growth rings.

I tried the Threshold tool to begin with and got nowhere. Eventually I ended up using Ps7 and Ps13 in tandem to arrive at this my first success.

325750_1560852026.jpg

A very old overgrown Quarry in July, it rained, the Sun shone occasionally between the clouds. It was during one of these sunny intervals that I came upon this scene. The Sun pouring through the trees lit the area perfectly, I just happened to be there at the right time of year.

C

I have tested the 'blogs' in three topics sadly a new post does not float the blog to the top

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JackAllTog Plus
10 5.5k 58 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2019 1:27PM
This Sooooooooooooooo looks like some spam bot generating the text above - especially as the link to the creators profile no longer exists.
But the picture is very nice. I hope its real and a real user shares more.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.4k 35 Norway
21 Jun 2019 1:39PM

Quote:This Sooooooooooooooo looks like some spam bot generating the text above - especially as the link to the creators profile no longer exists.

Not so Jack...the member was genuine but closed their account and left the site some time after posting this.
JackAllTog Plus
10 5.5k 58 United Kingdom
21 Jun 2019 1:42PM
Shame they left, i'd like to have seen more. Thanks for telling me Malc.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.