Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

OnOne Perfect Photo Suite - can I make a simple black image frame?

MiqsPix 4 41 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2012 3:55PM
I have recently installed OnOne Perfect Photo Suite and understood it would enable me to place a simple square black border around an image possibly with a thin key line for web presentation. I know there are lots of options in the suite but cannot find this one. I use it as a plugin to Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop and realise that there is a simple method in LR but with round corners which I don't want, and I could also create one in Photoshop (canvas size) but I thought there would be a quick action in this suite to save time making borders. Can anyone help on this please?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Eviscera 9 1.1k 149 United Kingdom
13 Apr 2012 9:53PM
Hi Migs,

OnOne is a pretty advanced suite and probably wouldn't have such a basic action as you require.

It would be far easier to create your own Photochop action.

Seems you know how to create the border in PS (Canvass size) but its unclear if you know how to create a new action.

Whack up an image and go ,

Window , action , create new action.

Then record,

Select all , edit , stroke , (10px black) , edit , deselect.

Stop recording.

(The keyline could be part of the the recording , edit , stroke (white) 2px inside)

Its a better route than the canvass size option and you can edit the action to adjust the thickness of the edges later.

Once you've fine tuned it you can batch it.
akh Plus
11 1.2k 5 United Kingdom
14 Apr 2012 10:58AM
A simple black border is available in the OnOne suite eg.

The width of the border can be adjusted using the scale slider but it just as easy to follow the advice given above.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.