Save & earn with MPB; trade-in and buy pre-loved

Opteka lenses

Ron_uk 20 1 United Kingdom
7 Jul 2003 8:42PM
Sure it has probably been covered. I have seen these lenses and filters on ebay at good prices. I have a fuji 602, and these seem an inexpensive alternative to the fuji versions of wide angle and telephoto. Any experience or views on these. I haven't found a web-site for opteka, which is a bit disturbing
sypkensj 18 1
18 Aug 2003 2:59PM
I ended up buying these lenses and I am in complete disgust. They are awful, terrible, no good, very bad.

I have a Fuji FinePix 3800 and I just did a test with it using my tripod and a self timer so that there would be no chance of my camera moving while I was taking the shot.

The results were disturbing; with the telephoto lens, the picture quality went down the crapper.

I took the same picture without the lens, cropped it down to the same size so that they were both zoomed in, so essentially I "digitally zoomed" in on the picture, and the picture quality on the picture zoomed in without the lens was FAR superior to the picture quality with the telephoto lens.

Therefore, to me, at least with the FinePix 3800, the lens is worthless. Digital zoom gives better results than this peice of crap.

Sorry to be so bitter and harsh, but I spent good money on these and now they are worthless to me.
Nik LG 19 35
18 Aug 2003 4:01PM
Don't know about Opteka, but Raynox do quite a few for the 602 ( someone posted a link to their site in another topic...
raynox.co.jp/english/digital/egfujis602.htm ).
I am interested in finding out if anyone has tried these also...
Carabosse Plus
19 42.3k 270 England
18 Aug 2003 7:17PM
Any add-on will degrade the image. It is just a question of how much degradation takes place!
vfr400 20 886
18 Aug 2003 9:31PM
I have just ordered the lens protection kit
made by raynox, extension tube, skylight filterand polarisating filter all for 35 from jessops when they arrive i will post my findings.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.