GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

OS X Yosemite

Chant57 Plus
13 395 3 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 3:35AM
I've had my iMac for a year now- it's OS is Mountain Lion, I downloaded but didn't install Mavericks - and I've now downloaded but as yet haven't installed Yosemite.
I've ran all available updates and verified my disk- everything appears ok with no problems reported on verification. I back up via time machine to a 2TB AirPort Extreme Time Capaule.
Is there anything else I should do to ensure a problem fee Yosemite install?
Cheers

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

robthecamman 8 1.7k United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 6:04AM
iv got yoesmite and had maverick never had a problem with either
ade123 Plus
6 285 1 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 6:11AM
Same here I had Mavericks on my iMac and upgraded to Yosemite without
Anybproblems whatsoever.It looks as though you have gone through all of the
Right procedures etc so it's now up to you to decide if you want to upgrade.

Ade
Chant57 Plus
13 395 3 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 6:14AM
Did you do a clean install Rob or did you install over your existing OS?
Also - another question, does anyone running OSX Yosemite print with a Canon Pixma Pro 9500 MK II - and has their been any problems ?
LesF 13 182 9
5 Dec 2014 7:05AM
Hi Chant I run Yoesimte, for me it was the least troubled update of any of Apple's, my only issue was as with all the updates, WiFi went to a crawl and dropped off constantly but that got sorted, since then there has been a WiFi update. I run an Epson printer and straight after downloading Yoesimte there was a download to update my printer, so pretty much a trouble free download.
Do I like Yoesmite, it's so so I preferred Maverick
wnbeat 14 56 Scotland
5 Dec 2014 7:17AM
Its a dawdle, this is Apple !! you won't have nay problems WinkWink
ade123 Plus
6 285 1 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 7:43AM
I installed over my existing mavericks with no problems.And like you i back up to a Time Capsule so i never had any reservations about upgrading.
I use a Canon Pixma MG7150 and had no issues at all with it

Ade
rogerfry 14 543 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 8:55AM
There have been a lot of reports from people who use Aperture for their processing that NIK software can't be used since upgrading to Yosemite.........Google are working on a fix.
Chant57 Plus
13 395 3 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 10:16AM
Thanks for that info rogerfry. I don't use aperture, I use CS6 with the NIK software plug in, and I haven't seen any reports of that not working.
Ive seen reports that with Mavericks some of the paper profiles particularly Fine Art were not working for the Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk II. I haven't seen any reports so far that there is a problem with this printer and Yosemite, but it doesn't hurt to ask if any member here has encountered a problem.
Thanks for the replies so far, Im a believer in if it aint broke don't try to fix it, hence why I didn't install Mavericks ( particularly after reading about some of the problems with the printer), but seeing as this is now the second big OS X upgrade Im thinking perhaps I ought to install it.
Jat_Riski 11 89 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 11:42AM

Quote:There have been a lot of reports from people who use Aperture for their processing that NIK software can't be used since upgrading to Yosemite.........Google are working on a fix.

I use NIK plug-ins bundle with aperture never had issue OS X Yosemite or Mavericks.
sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 12:06PM
Be careful to check that all your apps are supported by Yesomite. E.g. you will need to buy the latest version of parallels if you use this to run windows on your Mac. Also, be sure that when you install you choose NOT TO activate FileVault. Once active this will encrypt everything that goes to your hard drive - as I understand it this includes scratch disk data. The effect is to slow your machine to a crawl. Apple advise me that for some reason this option is set to on as default.

Finally, although I am a big fan of Mac, I won't be installing the Yesomite update on my iMac. I have opted to install it on a late 2011 Mac Book Pro and the machine is running significantly slower than before - despite Apple advising me there is noting wrong and Yesomite is compatible with older units than mine. Initially I had made the mistake I mention above re: file vault. This necessitate a clean re-install - thankfully i had my data backed up.
Chris_L 5 5.2k United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 12:26PM
The keyboard driver file updates are what you guys need to worry about. Grin Barely one of you managed to get through a post without missing letters or completely mistyping or misspelling words.
sherlob Plus
13 3.1k 129 United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 1:06PM

Quote:The keyboard driver file updates are what you guys need to worry about. Grin Barely one of you managed to get through a post without missing letters or completely mistyping or misspelling words.

I thought this was an informal forum, not a test of grammar and spelling.
Chris_L 5 5.2k United Kingdom
5 Dec 2014 3:43PM

Just a bit of fun Smile Couldn't resist after reading the MacMyth:

Quote:Its a dawdle, this is Apple !! you won't have nay problems

Still unsure whether it's a doddle to install "Yesomite", or a "dawdle" to install Yosemite
Rev2 9 302 2 England
5 Dec 2014 4:38PM

Quote:
Quote:The keyboard driver file updates are what you guys need to worry about. Grin Barely one of you managed to get through a post without missing letters or completely mistyping or misspelling words.

I thought this was an informal forum, not a test of grammar and spelling.

What do you expect from Apple fans? We expect everything to be perfect. Tongue

p.s. not difficult to get it right when the correct spelling's at the top of the page though is it.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.