Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

Outage yesterday

tj Plus
18 2.2k England
20 Apr 2021 8:32AM
Hi everyone,

Some of you may have noticed we had an outage for a few hours yesterday afternoon/evening.

One of the server drives failed so we had to restore from backup. This means anything uploaded/posted/voted on/commented on between 12-2pm(ish) yesterday will unfortunately be missing. This will no doubt cause some confusion so we apologise for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience whilst we resuscitated this huge beast!

Tracey
20 Apr 2021 10:34AM
Welcome back!

I've seen the effect of server failures at first hand. "All hands to the pumps" comes to mind.

Thanks for all the hard work.
20 Apr 2021 11:00AM
Thank you Tracey. I ( and many others no doubt ) hadn't a clue what was happening, and of course you couldn't tell us why the site was down, because...er...the site was down. I know there was a statement on Faecesbook, but not everyone chooses to have a "social media presence." I got the low-down from a friend via email.

Anyway, It's good to be back.
tj Plus
18 2.2k England
20 Apr 2021 11:03AM

Quote:Thank you Tracey. I ( and many others no doubt ) hadn't a clue what was happening, and of course you couldn't tell us why the site was down, because...er...the site was down. Not everyone chooses to have a "social media presence," but I got the low-down from a friend via email.

Anyway, It's good to be back.

It really is good to be back Smile

Unfortunately our only way of communicating (outside of the site) is through our social channels - even our newsletters require the site to be up and running, so we couldn’t communicate that way either.

Anyway, our server guys did a great job of resuscitating this huge beast, so panic over Smile
mrswoolybill Plus
14 2.8k 2403 United Kingdom
20 Apr 2021 11:19AM
Thanks Tracey, and welcome back! It was cold turkey without the site yesterday, although we did find Frankie Howerd doing Gilbert & Sullivan on YouTube, which lifted the mood.

We were totally in the dark, and judging by the messages that we have had from other members a lot of other people don't 'do' Facebook either...
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
20 Apr 2021 11:23AM

Quote:I got the low-down from a friend via email.

You have a friend?TongueTongue
tj Plus
18 2.2k England
20 Apr 2021 11:24AM

Quote:We were totally in the dark, and judging by the messages that we have had from other members a lot of other people don't 'do' Facebook either...

Yeah, like I said, unfortunately with the site down there’s no way of letting everyone know. Only Facebook for those that use it.

Hopefully it won’t happen again any time soon - my heart can’t take it! Smile
20 Apr 2021 11:32AM

Quote:
Quote:I got the low-down from a friend via email.

You have a friend?TongueTongue

I use the term loosely, as a Mumbai street dog might use it, in a sarcastically ironic way, to describe his relationship with the thousands of "friends" permanently hiding in his matted coat.
hobbo Plus
10 1.7k 4 England
20 Apr 2021 12:13PM
DARN!

And I kicked the settings in my iPad Pro because of it..... the files and tabs are all, over the place now ...

Hobbo
Nigeyboy 13 991 United Kingdom
20 Apr 2021 12:25PM
I read that as 'Outrage yesterday'!!!

Picked up the message on Facebook - glad EPZ is back up and running!!
bricurtis Plus
15 2.4k 51 England
20 Apr 2021 12:31PM
I knew what was happening.
I'm NOT on Facebook - but I did a Google search for ePz - got various options, its very popular.Smile
Saw the Facebook front page with ePz message that stated there was a 6 - 8 hr Outage for the site.
20 Apr 2021 12:42PM
Google said I should clear my cookies but even after that I had no access so what do they know!!? Wink

I had to venture over to Facebook; that felt dirty, (thankfully don’t need and account) had to have an extra wash before bedtime but panic over once I saw the message Wink

Thanks for the hard work and welcome back, I consider epz one of my safe spaces, among others things Smile
dark_lord Plus
17 2.8k 767 England
20 Apr 2021 12:54PM
Good to see you're back up and running.
At least there was some snooker on TV I could watch meanwhile Smile
saltireblue Plus
10 11.8k 75 Norway
20 Apr 2021 12:55PM

Quote:I had to venture over to Facebook; that felt dirty, had to have an extra wash before bedtime

Not for nothing I call it Fæcesbook...Wink
20 Apr 2021 1:17PM
I don't use Facebook so no idea what was going on, as I had no escape from my wife Norma I had to spend some time with her Sad 😁😂
Bill

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.