Panasonic 'Nature' Competition - Win A LUMIX FZ1000 II!

Outdoor figurative - Personal project

18 Jun 2019 10:49AM
I bought a copy of Amateur Photographer it must have been about 1986 and in it was an article about Anne Brigman. One of the images was a nude self portrait from 1908 made in the Sierra Nevada, she called it, "The soul of the blasted pine". (the image is Google will find it)

To say that it affected me is to put it mildly. I tried to emulate the style by paying models and failed, trying to arrive at the right weather; date, time and location all together at same moment is nigh on impossible.

When I retired leaving behind my concerns about work and bills and still being quite slim and fairly fit I realised that the 'selfie' would be my way into the figurative genre. Digital cameras and a wireless remote are a boon to the self portrait artist.

325750_1560851245.jpg

From my childhood I found peace in woodland and a lot of my figurative images are taken there. This one is at the edge of a forest and using the same serendipitous approach as Anne I was able to use the location immediately. I wear a homemade Leotard and should anyone like to make their own I have authored a PDF with instructions.

C

I have tested the 'blogs' in three topics sadly a new post does not float the blog to the top

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.