WEX Deal: Free Grip With Panasonic LUMIX G100 Purchase

Owen & Rooney

DAVID LYDIATE 18 305
30 May 2006 12:30AM
How do football fans feel about risking both Owen & Rooney @ the World Cup. As it stands at the moment Owen is worth a risk, but how do you all feel about Rooney?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dave thelens 16 936 United Kingdom
30 May 2006 12:34AM
As a Newcastle supporter, I hope Owen plays and plays well and comes back to St James raring to go
c_evans99 16 7.0k 1 Wales
30 May 2006 12:34AM
My answer would involve me being very parsimonious with monkeys...
49er 14 564
30 May 2006 12:57AM
I have timed my photography holiday down to the last detail.. Leave England...9th June... to Galapagos islands..
Return.. Yes..10th July..No Football (on a boat all that time)
PS who is Rooney? Is he not a lad that sleeps with very old prostitutes and has a girlfriend who, well is just blonde.
Oh and a really bad foot.

Maybe we should start a football free zone thread
spaceman 16 5.3k 3 Wales
30 May 2006 1:25AM
I think you'll find that nearly all threads are football- free. What I'd like to see is a football related thread free of comments by people who feel obliged to use said threads to inform us that they don't like football. Now that would be a novelty.

Rooney? Why not. If he's not up to it substitute him.
jimbo_t 16 959 England
30 May 2006 1:29AM
Thanks for that Edgar, very helpful!
Owen should be fine, as far as Rooney is concerned I'd take him to use in the later stages as he can turn a game around. At the end of the day some players go to World cups and never play so he might just fall into that catergory, he who dares wins!!!!!!
More interesting is tonights use of Jamie (Carradonna) Carragher as the holding player with Gerrard behind Owen, Sven might have finally cracked it!!!!
Jim
caireyhunt 14 26
30 May 2006 1:32AM
Well said Spaceman.
Rooney will never get near the pitch unless he's 100%, Sir Alex will see to that. Owen I reckon will be match fit in time for the first game.
Edgar try not to drown. Smile
49er 14 564
30 May 2006 1:53AM
Sorry boys if I upset you. But then football fans always seem to be a little touchy...Lighten up... It will all be over for England in 3 weeks...
PS.. I was only have a bit of fun...
I will leave you to your football topic...if it helps.
LAF 17 1.7k
30 May 2006 2:49AM

Quote:It will all be over for England in 3 weeks...

3 WEEKS!!! That's bloody optimistic! ;o)

Lee.
ade_mcfade 16 15.2k 216 England
30 May 2006 4:31AM
I hope Rooney gets fit but just wish the press would remember that there are 23 (or so) other players in the squad and I bet they are not very impressed or motivated by the fact that they are being ignored

england are a team, not a one man band.
MeanGreeny 14 3.7k England
30 May 2006 4:45AM
Incorrect.......they are usually 11 one man bands
kaybee 16 7.2k 26 Scotland
30 May 2006 7:21AM
No - that is the Scottish team
Fujiconvert 15 1.3k England
30 May 2006 7:27AM
With Rooney it's going to be hard enough,without Rooney it's impossible.England are a one man team if ever there was one.
Phil.
p.s. in our works sweep I drew Germany and Brazil so all's not lost for me.
DAVID LYDIATE 18 305
30 May 2006 12:45PM
Nice to hear all your thoughts. I seen tonights game & felt that, there was enough there to @ least see England through the group stages. I agreed with the pundits when they said it is a game were obviously you would not want to risk an injury & that showed, (I must admit I winced a bit when I seen Gerrard go down if only for a few brief seconds), the pundits then added that when England went forward it was good and worth waiting for. Beckham had his best game for a while & his set pieces were what you would expect from him. Gerrard is vital to the cause & I am sure would fill the Rooney roll very well, if required. Owen is obviously not as his sharpest (not that I blame him), but on this evidence I would play him from the start, as he is the man for the occasion. Crouch took his goal well. In general it was good to see the team perform well without Rooney.
Just to add Andy Johnson was not brought on, he deserves a chance in an England team in his proper position instead of on the right flank, mind you I do not want him getting injured for the start of the season!
cambirder 16 7.2k England
30 May 2006 2:46PM

Quote:in our works sweep I drew Germany and Brazil so all's not lost for me

Germany 2-2 Japan

Well you have one good chance anyway

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.