Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

Paint Shop Pro x4

StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
9 Sep 2011 11:05PM
Just read the review on here, and this is very timely for me. I use Elements 7, which can't use Adobe's Raw image processer for my camera, so I was going to upgrade to Elements 9. It's more expensive than PS Pro x4, which is $99.00 in Canada for the Ultimate version, that includes Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0, which I've wanted for awhile, and it's over $200.00 on its own, making this a can't afford not to buy deal. I've downloaded the fully functional 30-day trial, and I'll give it a shot. I'll post my thoughts on it later. Btw, I consider myself an enthusiast, which is the market Corel was aming at. I would appreciate any comments from users, and especially users of Corel's movie editing software.

Denny
Ewanneil 11 1.1k 2 Scotland
10 Sep 2011 8:19AM
I have used PSP since version 8 and currently have X3. I have stopped using it for various reasons but two of the main ones were the useless raw image processor and the even more useless HDR photo merge function. If you get a chance I'd be interested in how you rate these functions since I do miss some of the other features.

Ewan
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
10 Sep 2011 8:38PM
Ok, thanks Ewan. I'll let you know.
nexus7 11 12 Australia
16 May 2012 8:24AM
I know it's an old post ... but
I agree Ewan.
I still use PSP X3 but the Raw converter and HDR are not great.
I use the free Nikon converter and Photomatix for HDR

Mike
Ewanneil 11 1.1k 2 Scotland
16 May 2012 8:42AM
I gave up on PSP. I now use PSE9 and LR4 which, I find, is an ideal combination for my needs.

Ewan

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.