Start your photography store - 30% off Picfair Plus!

Pana Lumix TZ-80

essomba84 New Member 1
25 May 2019 2:02PM
Dear all,

some days ago, I bought a Pana Lumix TZ-80. I got a mixed opinion of this camera and I would get yours.

Pro:
- super zoom with a super stabilization. There is no blur on the pics event with full zoom;
- 30x for a compact is awesome;

Cons :
- each time I'm zooming, the camera is flashing which denatures the colours ;
- in case of middle or average luminosity conditions (in a house or in a forest), either the camera flashes or the ISO growth and finally the result is like a watercolour.

My question is: is my camera has a problem ? do I mis-use it ? Is-it possible to get a better camera for this price or 100 more (so around 360).

I want a compact camera with a pretty zoom (30x may be too much) able to give good pics in a house or with degraded luminosity conditions.

Thanks,

Laurent

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

altitude50 15 15.2k United Kingdom
25 May 2019 2:16PM
I have recently purchased a TZ 80.
I do not get the problems that you describe when zooming.
I do not understand the term ISO growth. Do you mean when set on ISO auto? Do you understand the menu settings?
I have seen reviews of the Panasonic TZ 80 and they are all quite good, but the authors all state that the TZ 100 might be better in some aspects, but so it should be at the price.
I am quite happy with my camera so far for a small sensor compact.Grin
I have had a TZ 80 since it first came on the market. I have not encountered any of the problems that you highlight. I use auto ISO and have the flash permanently turned off. I would hope that once you get used to the camera settings and controls, you will be happy with it.
essomba84 New Member 1
25 May 2019 4:48PM
Thank you for your answers.

So your are saying that this camera is good, either outdoor or indoor. May be mine has an issue. I will ask my dealer about it. Because if mine is flashing every where in every condition and yours not, I think mine has a default.

Thanks,

Laurent
franken Plus
16 4.9k 4 United Kingdom
25 May 2019 5:13PM
I've got an older version, the Tz 60 and the flash is turned off unless I change it. Look at the flash settings.
altitude50 15 15.2k United Kingdom
25 May 2019 5:44PM
On the TZ 80 there is no need to go into the menu. Turn on, press the inner circular dial with the flash sign (right) around the menu/set button and there are seven alternatives shown. The square on the left of the screen shows forced flash off. If you have selected that and the camera is still flashing then you might have a fault. (This might be a bit obvious, but it seems that you might have not selected it or are pressing the wrong control!)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.