Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Enter ePHOTOzine's Prize Draw, with fab gifts for everyone! Click Here

Panasonic battery charger

Geri 10 7
16 Jul 2012 4:13PM
My Panasonic battery charger Model DE-A59B has to be used with a travel adapter having uk's 13a 3pin out.
The adapter's inputs have four 'holes' appearing to take various plugs. The charger has flip-up plug of two flat 'pins', and plugs into the adapter. For me to use the charger where mains sockets are not our 13a 3pin, I would need a different adapter. Or does anyone know if these two flat pins fit another European mains socket ? That is without the adapter. Searched the internet and got nowhere with the problem. Or where to buy an adapter taking the chargers pins and for use in another country ? Geri.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sabreur 11 767 England
16 Jul 2012 4:28PM
Two flat pins about half an inch apart is a standard US plug. (Standard European is two round pins, and Aus/NZ two flat pins at an angle).

The easiest solution may be a travel adapter which allows a UK plug to be used in a different socket, keeping the charger and existing adapter together. These are widely available.
Geri 10 7
20 Jul 2012 10:33AM
Thanks for helpful remarks, Sabreur. I've not been abroad with a digital camera. As you say an adapter a good solution. The charger is fine, two pins fold down and it's compact. But then has to have an adapter...and one for that ! Geri.
Sabreur 11 767 England
20 Jul 2012 12:47PM
I don't know what else you might be taking, but the same adapter will work for your mobile charger, laptop, hairdryer etc.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.