Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Panasonic FZ30

nikon5700ite 17 1.8k
20 Sep 2005 5:13PM
My use of the Nikon 5700 for about 2.5 years convinced me that a DSLR had nothing for me, despite using SLRs since they were born, almost Smile.

Buying the Panasonic FZ20 last December opened up the advantages of an up-to-date quick operating camera. It does have a few problems .. close focusing which is common to most long zooms ... lack of resolution in the EVF which IMO makes manual focusing not really viable.

Doubling the pixel count in the FZ30's appears to have solved the focusing problem .. slightly bigger sensor to accomodate the extra pixels is a step towards a 4:3 pro-sumer.

So if I was stepping up from my Nikon it would be the choice, but with rumoured developments for next year I'm sticking with the FZ20 and 5700 ... together they will keep me happy for the moment.

What I would like would be the lens design* of the 5700/8800 which permits close focusing with the other features of the FZ30 Smile *Rxcept I dislike the loss of aperture with most still camera zooms and appreciate the constant aperture of the FZ3/FZ20.
23 Sep 2005 2:34PM
i own a panasonic fz20 and i am more than happy with the results and as such i am looking to upgrade to the fz30 but that same thing keeps coming up ...noise
has anyone got both ths fz20 and fz30 cameras and can they tell me if the fz30 has more noise than the fz20 or are the noise levels the same in both cameras
i am only printing photos up to a4 and as i said earlier i am more than happy with the fz20
any help will be more than appreciated cos i am the real sillyoldman

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.