Check out the new X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Photo 2 and be in with a chance of winning one!

Panasonic Lumix DMC- FZ45.

22 Jan 2019 3:22PM
Any advice and tips re this model which I believe is now 10 years old, and probably discontinued. Last week I managed to obtain 2 of these models for the sum of 60. It is my first venture into digital. Both the cameras have batteries, and appear to work correctly. Explored them through trial and error; and then looked up the manual/instructions on the web. I am very impressed with what I have seen and discovered so far. Then today I googled the model and had a look at 'sample photos' from this model. Impressed - yes, 100%.
I am now awaiting delivery of memory cards for both of them, and also a USB cable in order to transfer photos from the cameras to the laptop.
From the photos I have taken so far, i.e. just in the house whilst experimenting, I just cannot believe how good, clear and brilliant they are.
I have searched here on EPZ re this model and the comments and reviews are more than favorable,but if anyone else has further advice, etc, please comment and forward to me.
Thanks in anticipation.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

pablophotographer 7 1.1k 345
11 Feb 2019 4:45PM
Hi, I own this model. Feel free to check my portfolio. Image stabilisation has not impressed me at all and I had colour fringing in cases with well lit subjects. But it is a good carry around camera and for the price you paid a real bargain!
12 Feb 2019 3:58PM
pablo,, Thanks for the reply. I have just been looking at your portfolio - some beautiful results. I have been searching for your photos with the Panasonic FZ45 in a haphazard manner, but have not been successful. Any suggestions as to how I can locate them in your portfolio ? Or can you reply here with details of a few examples ?
Thanks in anticipation.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.