GB Sports Photographer & The Panasonic LUMIX S1

Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ60 Digital Camera

collywobles 15 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
11 May 2015 2:02PM
Help please....

I am considering buying this camera, Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ60 Digital Camera, has anyone got one of these and what is your opinion?

I seem to remember they got rave reviews when they first came out. Comments would be appreciated.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

11 May 2015 8:14PM
I use a TZ60 for its convenience, it fits in my jacket pocket and it use useful to have a camera to hand for any eventualities. For its type it is a good camera but if I am planning any walks or anything I do prefer to take the GX7 with the interchangeable lenses. There is a notable difference in quality, as you would expect.

Hope this helps,

Eric
12 May 2015 8:05AM
Thank you Eric, it does, clearly you like it. I just want it as you say -- fits in your jacket pocket. It gets great reviews I just wanted some EPZ'rs views, nothing like getting it from the horses mouth.
nstewart 9 2 United Kingdom
12 May 2015 5:55PM
I also have a TZ60, I purchased it for taking on longer walks and hikes as opposed to my Nikon D7000 and lenses. There is a difference in image quality as you would expect but I am quite impressed with it, image quality is still good, has an impressive zoom and it has RAW, which is a bonus on camera of this type.

Neil
13 May 2015 6:42AM
Thank You Neil

I have read as may reviews as I can now and they are all good, only real criticism is a little noise at high ISO and no touch screen and with what my EPZ friends have said I placed an order, just hope it arrives in time for my holiday to Snowdonia on next week...

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.