50% Off Portrait Pro + An Extra 15% For EPZ Members With Code: EPZ421

Panoramic Printing Re-Visited

rtailor 15 2
21 Feb 2006 4:49AM
I have titled this Re-Visited as i know there have been previous posts about this but i searched through the forums and couldn't find an answer to my question:

I would like to know if anyone can recommend a good printing firm which can do custom size panoramic prints. I have created some panoramic pictures but I am finding it hard to find a decent lab that will print them for me. I want to posterize them so they need to be big well bigger than 36" X 12". Can anyone make any recommendations please, i have tried places like Jessops, PhotoBox etc I saw a place called PosterXXL.com which do big panoramic sizes but has anyone had any experience with them?
AlistairF 15 322
21 Feb 2006 5:20AM
Not quite what you are looking for but maybe worth considering in the long run. I use an Epson photo 2100 which takes paper on a role. I have successfully printed a panoramic picture A3 width, seven foot long ! Admittedly it did take a hell of a long time to print.

Alistair
digicammad 17 22.0k 40 United Kingdom
21 Feb 2006 5:27AM
Me too, well 4 feet anyway, using an R800. Hanging in my hall (the print that is). :0)
rtailor 15 2
21 Feb 2006 5:57AM
Thanks for the printer recommendations, but i was hoping to pay a lab whilst i save up enough money to buy a decent printer, I am very tempted to use PosterXXL but they look like they are based in France and not sure if they would be reliable.
User_Removed 17 3.3k Russian Federation
21 Feb 2006 6:01AM
You could give these folks a call...
User_Removed 17 17.9k 8 Norway
21 Feb 2006 7:59AM
Nice one James!! Bookmarked!
davidentrican 18 258
23 Feb 2006 12:58AM
Intelligence Direct print any size on a variety of papers and canvas, and they charge for the area printed. You can get a sample A4 printed for 2.50 to check the paper and what it'll look like and prices are good (though postage is a bit steep unless ordering lots at a time).

Hope this helps,

Dave

ps. I've had a 40"x15" panorama printed on their Hahnenmuhle Archival Photorag Paper which was good, especially once framed. Also had a couple of Canvas prints done which were great.
richardh99 14 3
8 Mar 2007 7:19PM
If you're considering using posterxxl, in whatever guise, I'd very strongly advise against it: I decided to try out their free offer in order to check their quality for some very large posters I wanted done. They charged me not 4.99 for postage on the offer that I ordered but 49.98 for a canvas poster which I certainly didn't order. Not only that, but they ignored my e-mails for a week, until after they (claim) shipped the unordered poster. Contact since then, such as it is, has demonstrated a deep level of arrogance and lack of customer service.

So staying clear of this particular bunch of shysters seems to be a fine idea. I however am 50 out of pocket and am still looking for a high-quality large print house - Intelligence direct do sound good here.

Richard
_ 16 535 4 Virgin Islands, British
8 Mar 2007 7:28PM
How large a poster were you wanting done Richard?

J
richardh99 14 3
8 Mar 2007 7:35PM
Hi John,
I've got a number coming up in the next month or so - mostly A1(ish) with probably a couple at A0.

Richard
Camairish 15 1.4k Scotland
8 Mar 2007 8:15PM
I've used www.blueskyimages.com several times with very good results. David Hall is a font of printing knowledge and has done panoramics at 27.5 inches by 10 for an exhibition for me - I was very happy with the results.

Ian.
davidentrican 18 258
8 Mar 2007 8:35PM
that's www.blueskyimages.CO.UK not .com Smile
Camairish 15 1.4k Scotland
8 Mar 2007 8:47PM
oops, sorry.
landandlight 15 46 Scotland
8 Mar 2007 9:41PM
Another shout for bluesky, you cant go wrong. Great to deal with.
_ 16 535 4 Virgin Islands, British
9 Mar 2007 8:32AM
Hi again Richard/
I do up to A1+ (24" wide rolls).
There's been a few folks on this site who have had stuff printed by me and they have all been pleased with the results.
Reason I bought the wide format printer was that I was never able to get consistant results from Photobox or any of the high street printers.

John

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.