Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 6 months at 50%

Pap Strap

bumbleb3 14 358 United Kingdom
19 Feb 2010 5:22PM
Has anyone either heard of or has got the pap strap.
Manufatured in the UK it is similar to the black Rapid

sandy
MikeRC 15 3.6k United Kingdom
19 Feb 2010 7:22PM
...from Google...

Oh my god. Got myself a pap strap. I cannot tell you how fantastic it is. It is a definite stocking filler this Christmas. You'll never go back to your normal neck strap. Pap Strap UK best camera strap I use my strap on the lens/tripod mount of my canon 50d with 70-200L is USM plus also my 17-55 with 50d.
MikeRC 15 3.6k United Kingdom
19 Feb 2010 7:26PM
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
19 Feb 2010 7:54PM
That looks good. I hate how a traditional strap (literally for me) gets in the way for that 'grab-shot' and as much as I love a wrist strap, they can become physically tiring quite quickly.

Not heard of this product before. Appreciate the 'heads-up' - will look out for it at 'Focus'.
sidaorb 14 3.9k 2 England
19 Feb 2010 10:38PM
Looks good, might have to give it a try, I rarely use my neckstrap anyway, and have a hand strap on my EOS1 which I find I can carry around most of the day.
TSP 12 17 1 England
2 Mar 2010 10:56PM
I've been trying to find something like this in the uk for a while now and never found any thing because i didn't know what to call it.I think its a great idea.
Like Mike i think i will keep my eyes out at 'focus'.
Carabosse 17 41.5k 270 England
2 Mar 2010 11:02PM
I gave up on neckstraps some time ago and use only writs straps now. Not sure the pap strap is sufficiently different from a neckstrap...........
User_Removed 18 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
3 Mar 2010 7:29AM
Not so sure.

I was covering a job on Monday and one of the photographers from a local newspaper was using the harness version of this with two cameras suspended.

My impression (and judging by the few words I had with him, his too), was that the camera body swing around too much because of the single point of attachment to the extend that if he moved quickly, his two camera bodies actually clashed which doesn't happen so readily with conventional straps
SamLS 14 237 United Kingdom
4 Mar 2010 11:40PM
Sorry to be negative again but I think I'd be a bit concerned about security. With your camera behind your back you're not really in a position to see who's doing what to it. This would worry me in a crowded, perhaps touristy, area.

Neck straps may be a bit inconvinient but at least you can keep an eye and a hand on your favourite toy.
Just Jas Plus
18 26.3k 1 England
5 Mar 2010 9:02AM

Quote:.....some time ago and use only writs straps now.....

Hope you've got a good lawyer for you 'writs' CB! Wink
6 Mar 2010 7:28AM
I sent for my pap strap and recieved it the next day.
My opinion is that it is very strong and you can adjust the length.
I have mine so that it hangs at my hip not at the back and I could support it with my right hand so I can take the weight if needs be.
Very comfortable across the body

All I would say is that I have attached a piece of velcro so that it cannot slide undone with the weight of a heavy lens.
perfect
7 Mar 2010 12:00PM
Any idea as to how much they cost and where to get them ?
7 Mar 2010 3:46PM
If you go to http://www.papstrap.co.uk/shop/ you will find all you need.
There is only 1 strap but the cost is 29 if you collect,39 if you have it delivered in the UK or 49 if you are international
Hope this helps

sandy
kaybee 16 7.5k 26 Scotland
7 Mar 2010 7:53PM
10 to post a strap?
They are having a laugh.
7 Mar 2010 8:32PM
As much as this strap would be a great boon to me (I have ankylosing spondylitis which affects my neck) I just cannot afford 40 on my wages so I will just have to wait till someone produces a cheaper version.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.