Password Protected Gallery?

vickik 11 15 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2009 1:15PM
Hi everyone, I really need some help! I have undertaken a pregnancy shoot for a client and she understandably wants to keep the images private so I can't put them on my usual Clikpic site as it doesn't have the option to password protect galleries. I was then looking for a website that offers free (or cheap) password protected online galleries and found Fotopic but there site seems to be down over the past 24 hours. Can anyone recommend another site where I can upload images into a password protected gallery?
Thank you in advance.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams 17 10.4k 1 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2009 1:22PM
photium . and with a 30 day free trial.
Wink
User_Removed 16 17.9k 8 Norway
3 Jan 2009 4:27PM
Agreed.
3 Jan 2009 9:30PM
Great bit of advice, thank you! I now have the gallery with them for 30 days so that solved this immediate problem.

After the trial ends though, unfortunately they don't do password protection unless you buy the advanced package which is nearly 200 a year....I'm not keen to pay to run 2 websites!

Does anyone know a free service where you can upload galleries and make them password protected or at least create a unique URL that isn't accessible from their main site....I'm not looking to create a website, just have galleries that's all. Fotopic looked great, but this appears not to be working now.

Thank you!
4 Jan 2009 12:23PM
Doesn't Flickr offer a private friends and family option?
rickbowden 14 36 United Kingdom
4 Jan 2009 5:20PM
Flickr does have that sort of thing.

If your cliuent is a Flickr member you can mark them as a friend and mark the images only for friends.

If they are not a member you can create a special link to that collection/set of images that allowas access to them. You can also revoke that link at any time.
Phil_Restan 14 280 9 England
4 Jan 2009 5:38PM
I see you use a Canon 400d. You could try Canon Image gateway.
It might give you what you are looking for.
link
ray1 15 546 1 England
4 Jan 2009 5:44PM
How about jalbum. Free to use and you can password protect it. You just need a bit of web space.
4 Jan 2009 8:57PM
Thanks everyone....I'll look into your suggestions now....really appreciate the advice.
5 Jan 2009 8:11PM
Not the cheapest but Photocart is excellent. A one off payment of $279.00 and it sits on your own webspace. Its fully customisable, tons of options and easy to maintain.

http://www.picturespro.com/pages/photography_shopping_cart/
toonboy 15 75 United Kingdom
5 Jan 2009 8:18PM
Try imagetogo you only pay for what you use

Hope this helps

Ken
Richard_King 11 44
23 Jan 2009 3:37PM
gallery 2 (google it)
free web software. If you cant install it yourself, call me, and i will (for a modest fee) set it up for you

Richard King
katieb 15 255 4 United Kingdom
23 Jan 2009 3:48PM
Were you aware that with the super pro clikpic you can have single gallery protection, if this is somthing you will use regulary might be worth upgrading it will save you having a seperate site.
CaptivePixels 12 343 2 Scotland
23 Jan 2009 5:10PM

Quote:If you cant install it yourself, call me, and i will (for a modest fee) set it up for you

I didn't think touting for business was allowed on the forums?
peterkin 16 647 England
23 Jan 2009 5:42PM
Picasa Web Albums (Google Photos)? It's free.

Peter

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.