Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

Pat team chat on images

Tonyd3 17 1.1k 18 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2009 11:04AM
Can i ask if there is a common location for talking between ourselfs about images that we feel should or should not get awards, as i have not come across it yet.

therefore could we have a chat about pictures that is always used reather than start a new topic.

Or better still, one which has the week no so we can talk about that weeks images etc. that would allow pete to easilly see our comments on why we feel it a good / bad image etc and may help Pete with POTW.

Regards
tony
User_Removed 19 7.3k 6 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2009 11:10AM
Hi Tony

We did have a thread where we talked about images but it was a generic thread.

Personally, I feel a thread for the 'current' week is a good idea - perhaps you could start one for this week (as long as you make sure it's in the PA Team forum) Smile
28 Jan 2009 11:15AM
Hi Barrie

i dont mind doing that but would like to open it up a bit more first to see how the other members of the team feel first and the mangement of this establishment also.

I think it is something we do need to do but a little more formalised.

Tony
conrad 17 10.9k 116
28 Jan 2009 11:18AM
A thread would be good. And one per week sounds like a good idea. Don't want to lose oversight after a while, do we...
28 Jan 2009 11:21AM
Hi Tony

As I was saying, this is something that was already being done it's just that the particular thread in question was 'tidied' up during some housekeeping following changes to the system (some of the comments were no longer relevant and may have caused confusion).

I am sure David will start a thread if we ask nicely Smile
28 Jan 2009 11:25AM
That why i think a weekly tread would work and would not be to confusing

To give an instance this image is by a new member which i feel is of good quality and also a little more unusual than the normal type of shot, to me this shows good use of the wide angle and B/W control and tones. should he get a H/C personally its not a PA.

the image is called
El peine del viento

Hopefully you can see where i am going with this.
davidburleson 14 3.0k 3 United Kingdom
28 Jan 2009 11:26AM
No need for me to start the thread. All you guys have the facility to do this, just nominate someone to do this...
28 Jan 2009 11:29AM
OK - I'll start the thread then Smile

Do you want to add your posting in there Tony (link to photo would be useful of course)

The only danger with these sort of threads I feel is that it might influence peoples decision making and personally, I feel that is wrong. If you feel a photo is worthy of an ward, you should nominate it and not be influenced by someone else's opinion . That is why we are on the team - to make our own judgements Smile
conrad 17 10.9k 116
28 Jan 2009 11:39AM

Quote:The only danger with these sort of threads I feel is that it might influence peoples decision making and personally, I feel that is wrong. If you feel a photo is worthy of an ward, you should nominate it and not be influenced by someone else's opinion . That is why we are on the team - to make our own judgements

Good point.

I was thinking about this yesterday as well and thought: "Well, if I'm in doubt whether or not a photo deserves an award, surely I shouldn't vote for it." And until a better strategy presents itself, I'm sticking to this method.
28 Jan 2009 11:43AM
Ok Barrie i see your point, but sometimes like the instance i have given i think its worth having the converstion and i think having just the one location per week will be more helpful to the process than me or someone else starting another thread about another image.

TD
28 Jan 2009 11:47AM
Absolutely - I was just wanting to make sure that some of the less vociferous team members (some of who may not even post on the team forum but do read them) are not overwhelmed and/or influenced by some of the more "gobby" members (not me of course Wink)

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.