Paying in a Cheque


saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 37 Norway
22 Sep 2019 7:33PM
I experienced the opposite problem on a recent trip to the UK. I went into a fish 'n' chip shop to buy some haddock, chips and a pickled onion and couldn't pay as they only accepted cash...as I hadn't had the need for any sterling on the trip, everything went by card, I had the choice of going hungry or driving to the nearest cash point...

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
22 Sep 2019 8:18PM

Quote:I went into a fish 'n' chip shop to buy some haddock, chips and a pickled onion and couldn't pay as they only accepted cash...as I hadn't had the need for any sterling on the trip, everything went by card, I had the choice of going hungry or driving to the nearest cash point...
No problem when we have our new Socialist government after the next election because fish n' chips will be free to all working class folk. In order to qualify as working class northerners must wear a flat cap and say 'appen, lad every now and again. Southerners, to qualify as working class, must pronounce committee as comm-i-ee and lead a dog on a piece of string.

Foreigners such as yourself will be able to choose which regional qualification to adopt for their free fish 'n chips when applying for their visas.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 37 Norway
22 Sep 2019 8:21PM

Quote:Foreigners such as yourself will be able to choose which regional qualification to adopt for their free fish 'n chips when applying for their visas.


Us foreigners - in this particular case, from Lossiemouth, out of Scottish parents, chooses to pay by lifting my kilt and showing what I have in my account.Wink
lemmy 12 2.8k United Kingdom
22 Sep 2019 8:40PM

Quote:Us foreigners - in this particular case, from Lossiemouth, out of Scottish parents, chooses to pay by lifting my kilt and showing what I have in my account

In which case, depending in what you have in your account, you may well be entitled to a double helping of fish n' chips with mushy peas and black pudding (north) or smashed avocado and toasted ciabatta (south) thrown in for free.
saltireblue Plus
9 9.9k 37 Norway
22 Sep 2019 8:49PM

Quote:
Quote:Us foreigners - in this particular case, from Lossiemouth, out of Scottish parents, chooses to pay by lifting my kilt and showing what I have in my account

In which case, depending in what you have in your account, you may well be entitled to a double helping of fish n' chips with mushy peas and black pudding (north) or smashed avocado and toasted ciabatta (south) thrown in for free.


I'll take the northern one, thanks, with some Scottish oatcakes thrown in for good measure (good to put the mushy peas on), and all washed down with a bottle of Theakston's and whisky chaser...
SlowSong Plus
11 8.4k 30 England
22 Sep 2019 9:06PM

Quote:
Quote:Foreigners such as yourself will be able to choose which regional qualification to adopt for their free fish 'n chips when applying for their visas.


Us foreigners - in this particular case, from Lossiemouth, out of Scottish parents, chooses to pay by lifting my kilt and showing what I have in my account.Wink


Any excuse... all mouth and no trousers. Grin


Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.