Up To 50% Off Regatta Clothing + An Extra 10% Discount With Code: MSSEXTRA10

PayPal -delays in getting payment

guidoa 19 1.4k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2008 4:52PM
Is anyone else experiencing getting funds from PayPal? On 30.09.08 I sold a lens for 75, and the buyer paid the same day. On th 4th October,he gave positive feedback. Their terms state that payment out is made after positive feedback or if none 21 days after payment in. PayPal have confirmed that my money should have been released within 24 hours and promised to put it right, but so far all I get are flowery but meaningless letters. I have been a member since 2004 with 100% feedback. Has anyone else had similar problems, if so, how did you sort it out. Thanks
Chrism8 14 980 28 England
14 Oct 2008 5:15PM
I thought you'd got this sorted re your last thread, write back to then if they've confirmed the monies should have been released, give them 7or 14 days to cough up, depending upon your thoughts then if you've not received monies from them, threaten or take to small claims court, should'nt cost you anything.

Edit - send any relevent e-mails / letters where they've stated funds should have been released. with your next letter.

You may as per your above wording, have to wait 21 days from the transaction, but I don't see why.
mark_delta 13 1.3k
14 Oct 2008 5:59PM
This is new, 21 days for your money if you use paypal.

Simple answer, don't take paypal !
I wont use it ever again
14 Oct 2008 6:02PM
unfortunatly you dont have a choice anymore, to be allowed to sell on ebay you have to by ebay law accept paypal as a payment option.
jakabout 16 1.7k 1 United Kingdom
14 Oct 2008 6:06PM
I sold a lot of kit on eBay a few weeks ago - payment came through as normal, instantly, buyers using Paypal. Credit and debit card payments through Paypal are instant with 3-5 working days from your Paypal account to your bank account. eCheques take a long time though - perhaps the buyer used this option.
14 Oct 2008 6:30PM
yes thats what happens to me i run a ebay business selling secondhand motorcycle spares and all my paypal payments come through instantly unless its a e-cheque and they take 10-14 days. i have never had to wait though for feedback before being paid ? but then again im a powerseller and been on ebay since day 1 so i suppose thats the difference.
mark_delta 13 1.3k
14 Oct 2008 7:35PM

Quote:Unfortunatly you dont have a choice anymore, to be allowed to sell on ebay you have to by ebay law accept paypal as a payment option.

Just seen this, ebay are getting too big and too greedy for their boots !
guidoa 19 1.4k United Kingdom
14 Oct 2008 7:56PM
Chrism8- in my naivety I believed what their e-mail stated i.e that I should have been paid within 24 hrs of positive feedback. Unfortunately, they are based in Luxemburg, so suing is not really an option unlss you get leave to sue out of the jurisdiction.
StrayCat 17 19.1k 3 Canada
14 Oct 2008 9:52PM
I don't mind a bit of a wait, considering the alternatives, I take only Paypal, at least it's safe. Last summer I accepted an international money order from a fellow in the US, for $685.00. I deposited it in the bank, same as always, but they called a couple days later and said it would be some time before it was cleared. The guy called 3 or 4 times every day. The bank took 3 weeks, and said they were counterfeit.
mrcal 16 1.0k
16 Oct 2008 4:10PM
Does this shed any light?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.