Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Christmas Prize Draw 2017

PC Gone/Going Barmy !

collywobles 13 4.0k 10 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2017 8:30AM
Just sitting here having breakfast and watching news I was gobsmacked to view an article where a Mother has complained about a shoe Company named Clarkes for naming two pair of children's school shoes 'Dolly Babe' for the girls and 'Leader' for the boys............ it seems that in her complaint she believes the names should be gender neutral..........! Am I or the rest of the UK going BARMY ...............

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bluesandtwos 8 286 1 England
13 Aug 2017 8:52AM
No, it's not you! Just a few lunatics trying (and sadly sometimes succeeding) to take over the Asylum. Sad I read somewhere there are nearly 20 different 'genders' from boy, girl through gender fluid (whatever that is) and beyond. The way I see it is this, if you wee with the seat up you're a boy, seat down you're a girl! Wink (For those sadly without humour, this is a joke!..... Grin)
Nigeyboy 9 823 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2017 8:55AM

Quote: The way I see it is this, if you wee with the seat up you're a boy, seat down you're a girl!

I'm a bloke, and during the night if I need a wee, I sit down . . . . saves a potential mess, and the Mrs getting upset with me . . . . . !!!! Wink

Back to the original post - its just another sign of the times isn't it? Political Correctness strikes again!!
cats_123 Plus
13 4.7k 28 Northern Ireland
13 Aug 2017 9:01AM
Did anyone engage with the shoes? What's their take on this? Was there any perceived racial discrimination? 😁😁😁😁
SlowSong Plus
9 7.1k 30 England
13 Aug 2017 9:56AM
You think that's barmy. Some sergeant from Sussex Police is going round supermarkets 'avin a word about their labelling tampons and the like "Feminine Hygiene" products. Apparently they should be gender neutral too and be called Hygiene Products, just in case you blokes want to muscle in on our stuff and it upsets you to be excluded. This is what we pay the police to do now, is it?
mervyntattoo 8 622 Wales
13 Aug 2017 10:11AM
As we are leaving the EU cannot we go back to being carefree and easygoing?
davereet Plus
13 374 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2017 10:19AM
I have seen a post on face book where a mother has gone to Clarkes to buy shoes for her children.
What she found was a huge range of sensible sturdy shoes for boys and just flimsy slipper type shoes for girls.
She wondered that as the shoes were going to go through winter that they could offer better shoes for girls.

That being said going by my own daughter it is probably difficult to get girls to wear sensible shoes, boys don't care as long as they can play football in them. Smile

Dave
13 Aug 2017 10:30AM
had to google Authorised Neutral Athlete last night after as ?? moment, apparently its code for Russian Grin
13 Aug 2017 10:43AM
boys will be boys and shoes should be shoes! Smile) - and not 'sugar babes' or 'leaders' - calling a shoe leader or sugar babe (!!!) - that crazy stupidity in itself shows how lunatic and shameless post-modern advertising hasd become Smile
having said this: of course, genderism is the other side of that crazyness. genderism seems to be kind of an inverted post-modern version of very old-skool racist/nazi 'rassentheorie' fuelled by the same paranoic mindset, this time from the 'left'/liberals.
all that hype about transgenderism (20 fluid sexesSmile)) has its very hard fundament in the extreme pollution of drinking water in contaminated industrial areas - especially in great britain - remains of decades of abusing of anti-baby-pills, anti-ageing estrogen drugs, etc.: trouts in sample tanks of laboratory turned all to become female once exposed to drinking water in london! well, british males are no trouts, but... it cleasrly has its impact: both in transgender evultion/desires during the decisive years 12-16 and in the very fashionable gay/lesbian lifestyle of last decades. far from being an individual decision, as they preach via mainstream mrdia - it's dsimply hormones in disarray/out of balance Smile)
Fma7 2 791 United Kingdom
13 Aug 2017 10:45AM
Can shoes even tell the gender of the feet they are attached to?

You want sturdy, "Leader" shoes for young Chardonnay then buy her them.
rambler Plus
9 916 15 England
13 Aug 2017 11:02AM
I think Clarkes may have got the name wrong it should have read Little BleaderSmileSmile

Ken
Tianshi_angie 2 1.7k England
13 Aug 2017 11:33AM
I don't think this is PC or mad. I think that as the girls shoes were labelled 'Dolly Babe' and the boys shoes were labelled 'Leader' I think it gives the boys ideas above ttheir probable abilities and encourages the girls to think of themselves as toys (for men!). Society needs ALL children to be encouraged into senior positions. An outcry that women at the BBC are not paid as much as men, and that women are much less likely to become CEO's than men. And yet at the adolescent stage girls do better acadmically than boys. Early channelling of children aspirations is not a good thing but deprives all of us from possible insights which would benefit human kind. having said that I will go back to the kitchen which is my natural home! Not!
13 Aug 2017 11:47AM

Quote: I think that as the girls shoes were labelled 'Dolly Babe' and the boys shoes were labelled 'Leader' I think it gives the boys ideas above ttheir probable abilities and encourages the girls to think of themselves as toys (for men!).

While there's undoubltedly some truth in that, Clarkes aren't stupid, if the names weren't generating sales I'm sure they'd have a rethink.

Having said that I wonder if they have tried more 'progressive' (for want of a better word) names for girl's shoes.
13 Aug 2017 11:53AM

Quote:boys will be boys and shoes should be shoes! Smile) - and not 'sugar babes' or 'leaders' - calling a shoe leader or sugar babe (!!!) - that crazy stupidity in itself shows how lunatic and shameless post-modern advertising hasd become Smile
having said this: of course, genderism is the other side of that crazyness. genderism seems to be kind of an inverted post-modern version of very old-skool racist/nazi 'rassentheorie' fuelled by the same paranoic mindset, this time from the 'left'/liberals.
all that hype about transgenderism (20 fluid sexesSmile)) has its very hard fundament in the extreme pollution of drinking water in contaminated industrial areas - especially in great britain - remains of decades of abusing of anti-baby-pills, anti-ageing estrogen drugs, etc.: trouts in sample tanks of laboratory turned all to become female once exposed to drinking water in london! well, british males are no trouts, but... it cleasrly has its impact: both in transgender evultion/desires during the decisive years 12-16 and in the very fashionable gay/lesbian lifestyle of last decades. far from being an individual decision, as they preach via mainstream mrdia - it's dsimply hormones in disarray/out of balance Smile)

Did Austria get the anti-spelling juice in their water? Tongue

I'm off to spawn in river.
keithh Plus
14 25.4k 33 Wallis And Futuna
13 Aug 2017 12:38PM

Quote:
You think that's barmy. Some sergeant from Sussex Police is going round supermarkets 'avin a word about their labelling tampons and the like "Feminine Hygiene" products

I think you'll find that was a bit of personal Twitter nonsense. 😉

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.