Amazon Kindle Unlimited Offer: 1-Month For FREE!

PDA/Handhand DOF Calculator Application

zanzibarwinds 17 205 United Kingdom
17 Sep 2005 7:25AM
Hi

I hit upon an idea after seeing a browser based DOF calculator and was wondering how many of you own a Handheld/PDA device (Specifically the Palm versions).

If yes, would you find it useful if there was a freeware application available to install on the PDA which was a DOF calculator?

Reason I ask, is I have just delved into PDA programming and thought this could be a nice little project for me to get started on while offering something useful to the community?

Do you have any ideas of any other mini applications which could be helpful in this regard?

Consider this a "feesability poll", your feedback and/or comments would be welcome Smile

Thanks
John Cogan / Zanzibarwinds profile
icafe 17 19 Canada
17 Sep 2005 8:10AM
I own a Palm PDA and have downloaded a DOF Calculator on it from Handango long time ago... don't use it that much though. I might have paid a small fee for it.

Arthur Smile
17 Sep 2005 9:53AM
oh well Smile Thats one balloon popped Tongue
Big Bri 20 16.7k United Kingdom
17 Sep 2005 10:34AM
I wrote one for PDAs a couple of years ago and only one or two people wanted it.

edit:
and I did a windows version too. check out this thread. brought back found memories of old Stan. Not Wink
17 Sep 2005 11:39AM
lol, nice long thread there. Seems i was about to recreate the proverbial wheel. Well I am forever struggling with DOF and I need to learn the Palms API and UI so maybe I'll do it anyway as a way for learning Smile

Hope you dont mind me making a copy of your equations for the calculations ?

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.