Save 15% On Excire Foto Software With Code: EXCIRE-EP

pdf

Jasper87 Plus
11 2.8k 158 England
7 Jan 2014 7:55PM
Request for help from my daughter.... she is filling out a pdf application form for work in Canada and needs to add a new page to the application but does not have the Adobe programme for creating pdf docs.

I've tried.... and failed Sad. Before pulling any more of my hair out can anyone tell me whether it is possible (and how). Unfortunately she is in France at the moment and has limited computer apps at her disposal.
big fella 18 485 England
7 Jan 2014 8:33PM
Does either of you have MS Word? You can "print" to pdf in that programme (print as in save as a pdf)

Andy
AlanJ 8 1.0k England
7 Jan 2014 8:35PM
Have a look at cute pdf
I have the professional version at work but there is a free lite version. You can "print" a document as a PDF. The free version works really well . Not sure if this is what you want but have a look
Alan
Jasper87 Plus
11 2.8k 158 England
7 Jan 2014 8:47PM
Shall have a look at both those suggestions... cheers.
Jestertheclown 13 8.5k 253 England
7 Jan 2014 9:12PM
I use doPDF7 as a converter and as big fella says, "Word" will do it for you. Just select "pdf" from the "save as" drop down menu. That's assuming that you just need a straightforward page, of course.
Jasper87 Plus
11 2.8k 158 England
7 Jan 2014 9:47PM
Cheers Jester.
redsnappa 19 2.8k United Kingdom
7 Jan 2014 10:03PM
If she wants to edit an existing PDF document Word or Cute PDF will be of no use.
The trial version of Nitro PDF will allow the editing of documents that are in PDF format free of charge (for 14 days).
7 Jan 2014 10:07PM
Agree with cute pdf - available as a free download - then when you go to "print" any document, it's installed like a printer i.e. it gets added to your printer drop-down and in effect pretends to be an actual printer. I use it a lot because (a) it works... (b) it seems to create a reasonably small file size compared with others I've tried.
Maybe then, she could write any old thing in, say, Word then use cute pdf to create that extra page in pdf format.
Jestertheclown 13 8.5k 253 England
7 Jan 2014 10:21PM

Quote:write any old thing in, say, Word then use cute pdf to create that extra page in pdf format.

That's exactly how it works.

As for editing existing pdfs, I'm not sure that they're all capable of easily being edited and you might also find that using a free trial of the cheaper programmes will leave the edited versions with some kind of maker's mark. A kind of watermark, if you like.
You might be better off with thirty days trial of "Acrobat."
7 Jan 2014 10:32PM
Oh yes, it won't edit anything, but you can take any creation (e.g. I use DTP for instruction manual pages a lot) and make that into a pdf...(it's gotta be right first time once you commit to "print" though because it won't edit).. the free download version I use has no watermarks or other restrictions though..
Jasper87 Plus
11 2.8k 158 England
8 Jan 2014 8:19AM
Thanks all. I think I can't see me using the program a lot so I think I'll maybe go for the Acrobat trial first. Much obliged.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.