Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Peak District Meet

Nick_w Plus
11 4.3k 99 England
14 Sep 2017 7:15PM
There was a time - seemed like a lifetime ago now where there used to be numerous meets arranged, granted I may have missed some as I don't frequent here as much as I once did..life.. and I don't do many landscapes these days.

However is anyone else up for a meet somewhere in the Peak District sometime mid / late October, maybe book into a B&B the night before have a few drinks then head out early? Just a thought, just to see if I can still take a half decent landscape shot (.. not sure I ever managed a decent one when I did them properly ..)

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sherlob Plus
12 2.9k 129 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2017 7:30PM
I could be up for this Nick.
Nick_w Plus
11 4.3k 99 England
14 Sep 2017 7:49PM
If we get a few interested Adam lets make it happen Smile
dcash29 12 2.3k England
14 Sep 2017 8:37PM
Whereabouts are you thinking of, Lumsdale?
dark_lord Plus
14 2.2k 545 England
14 Sep 2017 9:28PM
I could go for this. Not too far to travel either.
Even if it's only a handful of us it'd be good to do a meet again.
chris-p Plus
12 70 England
14 Sep 2017 10:00PM
Me too.....
arhb Plus
11 3.4k 68 United Kingdom
14 Sep 2017 10:08PM
I'm also interested - quite a drive but if theres a b'n'b to stay in, plus some people there who know some good spots,
it would be worth the journey.
Nick_w Plus
11 4.3k 99 England
14 Sep 2017 11:21PM
I'm open about the venue, for me it will be as much about the social aspect, feel free to suggest locations - let's make this happen Smile
sherlob Plus
15 Sep 2017 1:03PM
There should be a chance of inversions at that time of year. Perhaps close to one of the Edges - Froggat or Curber?
dcash29 12 2.3k England
15 Sep 2017 9:16PM
Even though I suggested an area, I'm not that clued up. Depending on the meet up time, people may wish to do an Edge in the morning and lower ground later in the day? Also timings would have to be pretty accurate, as the area has poor mobile signals.
arhb Plus
15 Sep 2017 10:05PM
Okay, Stop!
What is an inversion?
It sounds good, but I haven't got a clue what it might be! Grin
Nick_w Plus
11 4.3k 99 England
15 Sep 2017 10:13PM
Agree one of the edges first thing - followed by somewhere like Padley after. I've been out of doing landscapes for a while so not really sure of best places - tho personally I'm not bothered about Curber as I've done that more than all the other edges put together - but even there I would be happy if everyone else would like that (I would just do Baslow instead).

As I'm not that bothered these days about traditional landscapes I would try to do something different anyway (may even restrict myself to a 50mm prime - to see how creative can be).

As I said earlier it would be meeting up for the social bit that I'm more interested in.

Why not make a list of suggestions then agree on somewhere we are all happy with?

So I will start:
Padley
Stanage
Baslow
Curber

Nick_w Plus
11 4.3k 99 England
15 Sep 2017 10:14PM

Quote:Okay, Stop!
What is an inversion?
It sounds good, but I haven't got a clue what it might be! Grin

The cloud level below the vantage point ( still not sure why it's called an inversion, or simply fog Wink )
sherlob Plus
15 Sep 2017 10:26PM
Are we thinking a day or a weekend? I suppose some of this might come down to accommodation. Any thoughts...?

Personally i'm not too bothered either way. The high peak is only about an hour from me, but getting across to Curber or similar will take considerably longer. If we doing an over-nighter, the cheaper the better... perhaps camping? I might opt for a night shoot rather than the bar if anyone's up for joining me?
arhb Plus
15 Sep 2017 10:32PM
Thanks Nick!
I'll be bringing up a MF film camera, shooting B/W, so I look forward to the challenges that brings.
Having never visited the peaks, I have no idea a about the best locations in the area, so I'll be happy to roll with what's popular.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.