Save 69% on inPixio Photo Studio 11 Ultimate (discount applied at checkout)

pen-f switching off

Carabosse 18 41.5k 270 England
16 Jun 2017 10:12PM

Quote:
i explained what i had done and my retailer offered me a full refund. i took a different camera instead of the money.

Good customer service - beyond their legal liability. Glad it worked out for you. Smile
Chris_L 7 5.5k United Kingdom
17 Jun 2017 12:15AM
Not surprised, it's how any proper retailer behaves towards their customer.

CB is in the dino days. TV sets and many modern devices auto update firmware regularly.

Customers only risk losing redress with retailers if they use unofficial firmware or unofficial parts.
17 Jun 2017 1:17AM
Your contract is with the manufacturer as you would quickly find out if you tried to take a retailer to court over an unsuccessful firmware update.

Anything the retailer does is ex-gratia and if you have, for example, bought a grey import then the best of luck trying to get the retailer to compensate you for a failed firmware upgrade.Wink

To advise people otherwise is simply legally wrong and misleading.
17 Jun 2017 8:13AM

Quote:Your contract is with the manufacturer as you would quickly find out if you tried to take a retailer to court

Hahahahahahahahah - ABSOLUTE RUBBISH - who is telling you this stuff? Are you just making it up?

If the goods go wrong, even due to a manufacturer's upgrade, your contract is still with the retailer.

Quote:
best of luck trying to get the retailer to compensate you

Wrong and misleading advice. Only yesterday someone posted in this thread who had successfully done just that. Don't see anyone posting with experience of what you claim.

17 Jun 2017 9:47AM
250184_1497689163.jpg

Can't find anything to say that changes if the fault is caused by the manufacturer, even pre-existing manufacturing faults. You go see the retailer (who sold you the goods). They go see the people (wholesaler or manufacturer) who their contract is with. Simples.
10 Jul 2017 11:03AM
Good news..... Olympus released PEN F Firmware V2.1.
Up loaded and I'll keep you in touch if it goes belly up again
10 Jul 2017 11:45AM

Quote:Good news..... Olympus released PEN F Firmware V2.1.
Up loaded and I'll keep you in touch if it goes belly up again

Thanks..... I'm happy to wait until others have tested it out! Wink
meyeview 11 1.4k 1 United Kingdom
10 Jul 2017 9:15PM
too little, too late.
i parted company with my olympus and went with sony.
10 Jul 2017 10:00PM
Hope you don't regret it too much! Tongue

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.